Walt Disney Company 100 at [Cabochon] Disneyland

wtyy21

I'm like... it takes two seconds to google the correct year. I admit I didn't remember what year WED was founded, but something like the Matterhorn? Disneyland literally has a Time Tunnel in the old admin building that's a timeline of Disneyland- they couldn't walk down there and check the right year?

And somehow someone submitted these designs and their supervisor didn't look at that and say wait a sec...

And then the print shop printed them and no one said wait a sec...

And then maintenance put them up and no one said wait a sec...

I understand they're employees and not necessarily Disneyland fans but someone somewhere had to realize they had the wrong year.
WED Enterprises was founded on December 16, 1952 as Walt Disney Inc. (WDI). Then, when Roy and potential shareholders objected, they renamed it as WED Enterprises in 1953, which can tell about Disney100 WED Enterprises banner. Nevertheless, Disney still considered 1952 as the official opening year of Walt Disney Imagineering and celebrated its 70th anniversary last year.

CaptinEO

Matterhorn not only things that has wrong opening year/release year, movie even have wrong release year. Here's the further infromation.
Disney100 Matterhorn Bobsleds Banner Lists Wrong Opening Year at Disneyland Resort

View attachment 693736
View attachment 693737

Some of banners use incorrect name of the Disney's department, here is.
View attachment 693738

One interesting note is Disney Cruise Line was founded in 1995, but they celebrate 25th anniversary this year, which traces its origin to the first cruise ship in 1998. So, 1998 is de-facto founding year of DCL.

View attachment 693745

One banner has "Walt DisneyWorld" without space "DisneyWorld". Another banner has "Mickey Mouse Club" without "The" while listed their correct opening/release year.
View attachment 693747
View attachment 693748
Disney Bros Studios...

I hope someone with graphic design talent can make a fun logo for that one.

This is so bad.

Disney Analyst

View attachment 693740

I'm guessing there will be some swag through the hoops the f.g.s are holding?

View attachment 693743

Where's f.g. number 3?

Assuming still needs to be attached:

Concept art for reference:

1674255008334.png

Eta:

I understand it is platinum, but the sun really makes it illegible.

wtyy21

Disney Bros Studios...

I hope someone with graphic design talent can make a fun logo for that one.

This is so bad.
Yeah, that's logo just for fun. So bad Disney management didn't acknowledge the history itself as the movie studio as shown at Disney100 banner at DL.
Disney_Bros._meme.png

Even as they acknowledge the Disney's movie and parks history, someone didn't know about how the year can be stated at the banner.

wtyy21

Incorrect Matterhorn opening year banner at the trams now removed. However, incorrect release year of Snow white remains intact. This image shows nowhere seen the incorrect banner.
https://.com/2023/01/incorrect-matterhorn-bobsleds-banner-removed-from-disneyland-resort/
matterhorn-banner-taken-down.jpg

wtyy21

Comparison with the concept art. All three good fairies (flora, fauna, merryweather) are painted platinum. Also "Disney100 100 Years of Wonder" official vertical logo (not fake one with 2006 Disney font that circulated on Internet) appeared at medallion, instead of just "Disney100" vertical logo.

Original decoration design
FnMXclCX0AA43ay.jpg

(Maybe) final decoration design
FnL6TE1aYAA9w_5.jpg

We'll see the final decors of it one or two days before the official Disney100 kickoff to see the glimpse of actual decoration on the castle as whole (including banners).

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

Comparison with the concept art. All three good fairies (flora, fauna, merryweather) are painted platinum. Also "Disney100 100 Years of Wonder" official vertical logo (not fake one with 2006 Disney font that circulated on Internet) appeared at medallion, instead of just "Disney100" vertical logo.

Original decoration design
View attachment 694386

(Maybe) final decoration design
View attachment 694387

We'll see the final decors of it one or two days before the official Disney100 kickoff to see the glimpse of actual decoration on the castle as whole (including banners).
Looks like someone borrowed Mom's tired curtains and was like "eh, that'll work."

I don't get the impression that the fairies are going to be readable unless you get super close and look very carefully.

Practical Pig

Looks like someone borrowed Mom's tired curtains and was like "eh, that'll work."

I don't get the impression that the fairies are going to be readable unless you get super close and look very carefully.
Yeah, the execution is a let-down from the concept art. Bleaching the color out really drains the life out of the visual effectiveness. Hopefully this is a test and it will be corrected soon.

PiratesMansion

Yeah, the execution is a let-down from the concept art. Bleaching the color out really drains the life out of the visual effectiveness. Hopefully this is a test and it will be corrected soon.
I'm not sure it will be corrected. There seems to be this aversion to color in modern society. Not just among Disney, but in societal wide trends. In movies, stores, decor, you name it. Particularly bold colors.

"Modern" designs just seem to lack color and favor shades of white, beige, black, and brown as a general way of being, or so it seems to me.

waltography

I'm not sure it will be corrected. There seems to be this aversion to color in modern society. Not just among Disney, but in societal wide trends. In movies, stores, decor, you name it. Particularly bold colors.

"Modern" designs just seem to lack color and favor shades of white, beige, black, and brown as a general way of being, or so it seems to me.
I would agree, but I feel like Disney has gone the opposite direction to modern designs (see: the castle refurb and the Toontown sign).

I think this is a case of Disney simply not realizing how washed out it'd look until they put it up; I certainly am surprised the banner looks completely washed out, considering how lovely and shiny the bunting in DCA looked in person the other day.

PiratesMansion

I would agree, but I feel like Disney has gone the opposite direction to modern designs (see: the castle refurb and the Toontown sign).

I think this is a case of Disney simply not realizing how washed out it'd look until they put it up; I certainly am surprised the banner looks completely washed out, considering how lovely and shiny the bunting in DCA looked in person the other day.
It depends on the context.

For sure you have the above examples, but you also have things like the current look of the World of Disney stores.

I also find that the rides built from Chapek onward tend to have a color palate leaning towards grey, brown, and very muted colors more than anything else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom