Walt Disney Company 100 at [Cabochon] Disneyland

Practical Pig

"Like" is a strong word, more like I'm indifferent to it. I just don't think its ugly.
To me, the graphic density loaded into the "Toontown" element reads like the designer spent too much time in the process zoomed in on close-ups of each letter while packing in as much self-congratulatory cleverness as possible, without considering the effect on the more distant feet-on-the-ground perspective. But but then of course I haven't had my feet on that ground yet.

wtyy21

Two nighttime spectaculars debuted as part of Disney 100 Years of Wonder Celebration will have its soft opening at January 25 (DCA) and 26 (DL), respectively.

However, when it comes to the signage, it reads "Disneyland, WHERE WONDER OMES TO LIF" instead of "Disneyland, WHERE WONDER COMES TO LIFE". It's unknown whether the signage be corrected or not.
IMG_2837.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
To me, the graphic density loaded into the "Toontown" element reads like the designer spent too much time in the process zoomed in on close-ups of each letter while packing in as much self-congratulatory cleverness as possible, without considering the effect on the more distant feet-on-the-ground perspective. But but then of course I haven't had my feet on that ground yet.
To me this seems like one of those times where further away you won't see the details until you get up close, which is probably what you're getting at. But like I said I just don't find it ugly as others apparently do. I'm just indifferent to the design.

CaptinEO

And we’re really surprised by things like the ugly new Toontown sign?
I guess I don't see the issue, the letters are colored in now, that's the only difference?

I never loved the initial sign anyways. Even as a little kid I didnt want to be in Towntown because I thought it was for little kids.

Toontown is like the Galaxy's Edge of its day where it takes of tons of space for very little attractions.

mickEblu

I don't think we as fans need to wonder why decisions are made anymore. It's obvious this company has no respect for the history and legacy of the park.

That’s never been more clear than the last few years. It’s like they completely lost any remaining connection to the old guard and fully evolved into the Conglomerate they are today.

wtyy21

Matterhorn not only things that has wrong opening year/release year, movie even have wrong release year. Here's the further infromation.
https://.com/2023/01/disney100-matterhorn-bobsleds-banner-wrong-year/
Disney100 Matterhorn Bobsleds Banner Lists Wrong Opening Year at Disneyland Resort

Disneyland-tram-route-disney-100-banners-0658.jpg

Disneyland-tram-route-disney-100-banners-0656.jpg

Some of banners use incorrect name of the Disney's department, here is.
Disneyland-tram-route-disney-100-banners-0660.jpg

One interesting note is Disney Cruise Line was founded in 1995, but they celebrate 25th anniversary this year, which traces its origin to the first cruise ship in 1998. So, 1998 is de-facto founding year of DCL.

Disneyland-tram-route-disney-100-banners-0647.jpg

One banner has "Walt DisneyWorld" without space "DisneyWorld". Another banner has "Mickey Mouse Club" without "The" while listed their correct opening/release year.
Disneyland-tram-route-disney-100-banners-0645.jpg

Disneyland-tram-route-disney-100-banners-0659.jpg

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Woooooooooow. I’ve met a lot of college students that can’t write a quality research paper for jack 💩, but even they could have gotten these quick facts right.

EMBARRASSING AND SHAMEFUL.

I'm like... it takes two seconds to google the correct year. I admit I didn't remember what year WED was founded, but something like the Matterhorn? Disneyland literally has a Time Tunnel in the old admin building that's a timeline of Disneyland- they couldn't walk down there and check the right year?

And somehow someone submitted these designs and their supervisor didn't look at that and say wait a sec...

And then the print shop printed them and no one said wait a sec...

And then maintenance put them up and no one said wait a sec...

I understand they're employees and not necessarily Disneyland fans but someone somewhere had to realize they had the wrong year.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I'm like... it takes two seconds to google the correct year. I admit I didn't remember what year WED was founded, but something like the Matterhorn? Disneyland literally has a Time Tunnel in the old admin building that's a timeline of Disneyland- they couldn't walk down there and check the right year?

And somehow someone submitted these designs and their supervisor didn't look at that and say wait a sec...

And then the print shop printed them and no one said wait a sec...

And then maintenance put them up and no one said wait a sec...

I understand they're employees and not necessarily Disneyland fans but someone somewhere had to realize they had the wrong year.
Correct. They had to pass through many stages prior to getting installed. Very strange that these various mistakes weren’t caught.

Google does wonders. I’m strongly believes the 100 Anniversary celebration at the park was rushed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom