Walt Disney Company 100 at [Cabochon] Disneyland

PiratesMansion

We’re exactly 12 weeks away from the kickoff to this celebration, and we’ve barely heard anything at all.
It does sort of feel like they've completely forgotten how to both Imagineer and hype their own projects, doesn't it?

Starting to wonder if I'm walking into three heavily hyped shows, but they're all half-baked and thus no better than 60th WOC.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
It does sort of feel like they've completely forgotten how to both Imagineer and hype their own projects, doesn't it?

Starting to wonder if I'm walking into three heavily hyped shows, but they're all half-baked and thus no better than 60th WOC.
Yes, that’s exactly what it feels like. Either they don’t want to hype this up because it’s a rushed project, or they just simply don’t feel like it. Either way, I’m not very excited about this because they haven’t given me much to be excited about. If it seemed very interesting, I’d book a reservation and purchase a ticket.

I’ve got low expectations for these new shows coming.

TTA94

I hope they do plan on returning one of the light parades to next year. Wild guess would be the Summer if they do.

CaptinEO

Yes, that’s exactly what it feels like. Either they don’t want to hype this up because it’s a rushed project, or they just simply don’t feel like it. Either way, I’m not very excited about this because they haven’t given me much to be excited about. If it seemed very interesting, I’d book a reservation and purchase a ticket.

I’ve got low expectations for these new shows coming.
It's probably for the best. WDI these days makes terrible self serving promotional videos about how they are the best storytellers in the world. Yet the stories they tell are just from other movies that somebody else already wrote.

I'll gladly take a show debuting without all the self serving corny patting themselves on the back videos they've been doing over the last few years.

Especially since we know this will be a clip show with the same 5 songs and Disney already has made many clip shows over the years, I think the audience knows what to expect.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
EA07F9DB-6408-4320-9D1B-2A4C58BB5468.jpeg

0ECCA220-B573-4DFD-8B5E-1138DB962282.jpeg

PiratesMansion

Maybe DLR should hire Jim Reid-Anderson to hype this stuff up a bit. This all still seems a little quiet and subdued for 100 years of the company and for a celebration that starts in a month.

Don't forget the blooper reel at the end!

VJ

Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2023 will have pre-recorded Disneyland segments with Ciara as co-host to kick off the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration starting on December 31 at 8 PM ET on ABC.

Disneyland will become this year’s inaugural host destination and home to an additional “Rockin’ Eve” celebration with veteran hostess and award-winning multiplatinum-selling artist Ciara overseeing festivities at the Happiest Place on Earth. The Disneyland segments will be pre-taped prior to the New Year’s holiday. This year’s broadcast event will also kick off Disney’s 100 Years of Wonder Celebration, which will celebrate the global impact of Disney’s storytelling, experiences, and fans and set the stage for the next 100 years of Disney magic. Beginning Jan. 27, 2023, Disneyland Resort will be the place “where wonder comes to life,” with special limited-time offerings taking place throughout the year, plus two all-new nighttime spectaculars.

GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic

when dick clark productions stops being involved, probably

Some of us still recall eating TGI Friday's level food at Dick Clark's American Bandstand Grill. And I guess those are the only people old enough to be watching ABC on New Year's Eve, so it works.

VJ

Some of us still recall eating TGI Friday's level food at Dick Clark's American Bandstand Grill. And I guess those are the only people old enough to be watching ABC on New Year's Eve, so it works.
"dick clark's american bandstand grill" sounds like something kevin perjurer would make a video about...

MarvelCharacterNerd

Not really, Disney has a marketing deal with every major car company as far as I know. They may not all have in-park sponsorship like this new announcement or with Honda, but they have some sort of deal in-place.
Yeah - as you noted, there was Marvel with Hyundai recently:

1670204202009.png

And Star Wars: Rogue One with Nissan before that:

1670204244432.png

They work with whoever works with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom