Walt Disney Brazilian World

Hi folks,

I'm returning from my trip to wdw right now. I've been there from 30/1 to 01/2.

My first impression was crowds:

- MK was very crowded on sat 31/1: POTC had 40 minutes @ 11:30 PM. Big thunder 60 minutes @ 11:45 PM. Haunted Mansion, 45 minutes.
- Epcot, the same on fri 30 and sat 31. Figment had 20 minutes when i've never waited anything there.

The second thing was a huge amount of Brazilian people... and not just @ the parks, also @malls, shopping, restaurants, minigolfs. I've been there different times of the year... and i think this is getting worse than ever. They're really rude, skip lines... even i know when a minivan is being driven by brazilians.

Looks like i'll take a big break from wdw.

JasonDeyoung

Yeah unfortunately July and most of January is their school breaks and they flood the area. Go first half of January and it's pretty quiet. They are pretty out of control.

Tom Morrow

I know the tour groups have been a staple of WDW for a while now, but it isn't slowing down at all, it's just more and more every year. I know they make a pretty penny off of them but I have to wonder if this will hurt some way in a long run.
Go first half of January and it's pretty quiet. They are pretty out of control.
Used to be the case but not anymore.

Polaris1

I know the tour groups have been a staple of WDW for a while now, but it isn't slowing down at all, it's just more and more every year. I know they make a pretty penny off of them but I have to wonder if this will hurt some way in a long run.

Used to be the case but not anymore.
I have to agree. I was at WDW this year from January 3 - January 11, and it was out of control. The resorts didn't seem too bad, but the parks were absolutely packed with Brazilians. I also agree about the rudeness - maybe it's a cultural thing and I just don't understand, but we will never be going back in January again.

JasonDeyoung

I was there for marathon weekend (Jan 6-10)and wasn't too bad, maybe a small group here and there. Nothing compared to summer. Maybe I'm just use to them by now

JasonDeyoung

^^^ agreed that it gets worse every year.

So when is the best (slowest) time to go? Mid-February and/or mid-September?
It's honestly hit or miss now days. September is usually not bad but Food & Wine Festival can change that quick. February can be good, I go every month if not a lot and I enjoy May, October and November best personally

mousehockey37

I know they make a pretty penny off of them but I have to wonder if this will hurt some way in a long run.

It's not going to hurt Disney in the long run. These groups are paying big $$ to come and run amok. The only way that these groups will hurt Disney is if the DVC owners and shareholders start selling off and having their reasoning being that the parks aren't enjoyable due to them. To the average, slightly above average or consistent guest who pays to go year after year or even every other year, if you decide to take a break from Disney, it's not going to hurt them in the slightest.

I do agree though that a Disney park in Brazil would be an interesting venture. I doubt they'd stay home and go to their own park though, it'd be disgraceful to trash your own park in your own country more or less, so yeah.

So no, the southern tour groups aren't going anywhere. As long as Disney has a travel plan/program in place that baits those parents into sending away their kids to WDW for X amount of days or weeks (whatever it is... I know they don't go to just WDW, but to Uni, SeaWorld, etc) and the parents pay it, Disney isn't going to stop "welcoming" them.

BuddyThomas

^^^ agreed that it gets worse every year.

So when is the best (slowest) time to go? Mid-February and/or mid-September?
We were there for four nights right round September 15 of 2013 and it was mobbed with these tour groups.

PS - I have a very major problem with the stereotyping of ANY group of people, because that is the fast road to bigotry, homophobia, etc.

That said, I've encountered these groups many, many times, and no one above is saying anything that is not true, at least as far as my own experiences have gone.

Tom Morrow

Well, that's exactly what I meant. They may make easy cash off of these tour groups, but what if the repercussions of having these mass groups of ill-behaved teens run rampant is enough to deter enough guests from going that it actually ends up hurting the bottom line? Obviously that hasn't happened... yet. But you never know.

mousehockey37

Well, that's exactly what I meant. They may make easy cash off of these tour groups, but what if the repercussions of having these mass groups of ill-behaved teens run rampant is enough to deter enough guests from going that it actually ends up hurting the bottom line? Obviously that hasn't happened... yet. But you never know.

You're correct that you never know, but like I mentioned, it's going to take a lot more than just the average visitor not coming back to hurt the bottom line. It's going to take DVC owners who are fed up with it selling off their DVC's and shareholders dumping their stocks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom