Walt Disney Animation Isn’t Opposed to Hand-Drawn Features, Jennifer Lee Talks About Making Changes After John Lasseter’s Exit

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

erasure fan1

I think they say theses things to shut up the fans. They have no intention to make any feature film hand drawn. Lasseter said the same thing. They did one, it didn't set the box office on fire, so it's doubtful they try again. But if they say things like, there's always the possibility, we're not opposed, no one can say they've totally abandoned it.

Magenta Panther

I think they say theses things to shut up the fans. They have no intention to make any feature film hand drawn. Lasseter said the same thing. They did one, it didn't set the box office on fire, so it's doubtful they try again. But if they say things like, there's always the possibility, we're not opposed, no one can say they've totally abandoned it.

You're probably right. The Robert Iger Company isn't into taking artistic risks. But god would I LOVE another lush Disney 2D film. The question is: the artisans to create such a film even exist today? Where would Disney find them (since they don't exist within the company itself anymore?)

erasure fan1

You're probably right. The Robert Iger Company isn't into taking artistic risks. But god would I LOVE another lush Disney 2D film. The question is: the artisans to create such a film even exist today? Where would Disney find them (since they don't exist within the company itself anymore?)
I would also love another hand drawn feature. I loved Princess and the frog. You are right, in the Iger era, this just wouldn't make sense. I personally think Iger was just throwing Lasseter a bone to get P&tF made. As far as the talent goes? At this point they would need to do what they seem to be best at lately. Go out and buy up some talent.

Dear Prudence

TsWade2

other studios have been crushing it in the traditional animation department for some time now, and have been making much more interesting films that Disney has been making. It would be nice to see them come back to this.
Indeed! I’m so excited Disney is bringing back hand drawn animation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom