walmart on i 27 near 192

metman

Original Poster
can anyone give me an update on the walmart being built on the corner of 192 and i 27 as to when it is going up and when it will be open. i am due out to florida next week the 24th of june and live on the westridge sub-division.

many thanks metman

crazygirley

Oooh... I want to know, too! I am a Wal-Martaholic and am looking for one that might not be too touristy... that one might be a little too "far away" for most tourists to venture to. Unless, of course, they all come here and read about it!

crazygirley

Originally posted by TAC
Do you plan to visit them all? :D
I've been to them all in Orlando and can't say I like any of them. Maybe this one, though... maybe this one. I'm actually becomming more of a SuperTarget fan, actually.

DISMUM

It is supposed to be opening in sept sometime and unfortunately crazygirlie it is right in the middle of the vacation homes area. :brick:

Debbie

I can't wait to check out this new location as the existing one on 192 is always packed. Up to 1999, it was the number one store in sales in the entire United States. It definitely needs another location to give it some relief, and I'm interested to see if a store on the other side of 192 can do that.

crazygirley

Debbie said:
I can't wait to check out this new location as the existing one on 192 is always packed. Up to 1999, it was the number one store in sales in the entire United States. It definitely needs another location to give it some relief, and I'm interested to see if a store on the other side of 192 can do that.
There is the one on John Young, but it's just as bad as the one on 192. Well, maybe no, it's not. But it is pretty bad. Yeah, I take it back... it's awful.

TURKEY

crazygirley said:
There is the one on John Young, but it's just as bad as the one on 192. Well, maybe no, it's not. But it is pretty bad. Yeah, I take it back... it's awful.

When I first came down in 2001 for my college program, that's the one I went to first. It's worse than the one on 192.

The closest one to WDW that's nice is the new one on Osceola Parkway.

crazygirley

TURKEY said:
When I first came down in 2001 for my college program, that's the one I went to first. It's worse than the one on 192.

The closest one to WDW that's nice is the new one on Osceola Parkway.
Where exactly on Osceola Parkway is this new Wal-Mart? Is it a SuperWal-Mart?

Lokheed

crazygirley said:
I'm actually becomming more of a SuperTarget fan, actually.

Then you'll be happy to know they are also building a new Super Target on 192, just east of 535. I don't know when it is scheduled to open, but at this point it looks like it is about as far along as the new Wal-Mart on 27. The downside is that it is located right along the stretch of 192 that is currently being completely re-done, so traffic is a mess there.

crazygirley said:
Where exactly on Osceola Parkway is this new Wal-Mart? Is it a SuperWal-Mart?

thats the one I always go to myself for short lines, no crowds, cheap gas, and its a super center. Its right where the ocesola Parkway and the Fl Turnpike come to gether about a 20 drive from the pop century resort, plus there is a toll on the ocesola parkway (i think its $1.50 each way but I'm not sure)

crazygirley

10 min. to wdw said:
thats the one I always go to myself for short lines, no crowds, cheap gas, and its a super center. Its right where the ocesola Parkway and the Fl Turnpike come to gether about a 20 drive from the pop century resort, plus there is a toll on the ocesola parkway (i think its $1.50 each way but I'm not sure)
Thanks!!! That's sort of an out of the way trip to go just for shorter lines... it almost defeats the purpose, you know!!! But still, good to have alternatives for times when the Brazilians are buying out Wal-Mart... you know what I mean!!!

TURKEY

crazygirley said:
Thanks!!! That's sort of an out of the way trip to go just for shorter lines... it almost defeats the purpose, you know!!! But still, good to have alternatives for times when the Brazilians are buying out Wal-Mart... you know what I mean!!!

Time wise it's about the same to all 3 Wal-Marts currently built for the 2 of us. If I remember correctly, we live at the same complex.

It's the backway onto property, onto Osceola Pky. and a straight shot from there to the new Wal-Mart.

Once the new one on 27 opens, it will be much closer. 5-10 minutes tops.

Maria

If you don´t like the crowds, then go around midnight... I loved shopping then! The 'associates' are cleaning and reorganizing aisles, so they help you a lot and you don´t have to look around for stuff as they bring it to you... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom