Walls in Innoventions Plaza

AsanaDisney

That would be nice! But isn't that where the wait time tip board is located? Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly but they could be updating/improving that or something!

IWant2GoNow

I know a majority of people don't give a crap whether the tarps are there or not but it kills me to think of how simple it would be to remove things like this. I know it still costs them money to take things down but it would improve the look so much. What percentage of TDO do you think legitimately cares about the fan base (local or otherwise)? 5? Maybe 10%? They really just only view their guests as walking, talking dollar signs. They need to put this team into the hands of someone other than money-grubbing, speadsheet-analyzing, stock-checking, trend-following, bean-counting suits. Here's a few good rules for TDO to follow SOON...

1. Take risks.
2. Spend money.
3. Stop listening to Pixiedust huffing bloggers because you'll always have them coming back no matter what you do.
4. Find the realist Disney fan who loves the company but knows they need to step it up, & LISTEN TO THEM!
5. FIX THE YETI!

/rant

Sorry, just every time we see a wall go up in that plaza I just hope those things are tore down & it never happens. I appreciate the update though, HMF.

HMF

Original Poster
DatelineDisneyWorld1114-IMG_7428.jpg

What is wrong with this image? Why is there a Mickey Floral instead of an Epcot Logo floral in Epcot?

donaldtoo

I'll have to agree with you. Those overhead decorations will never be torn down, unless they so happen to fall on a guest. Or maybe they'll just cover the whole plaza with nets.

Here in Central Texas, where we have many roads that have been blasted through the Hill Country, we have roadside signs that warn drivers to "Watch For Falling Rock". Maybe Disney should just start puttin' up signs that warn Guests to "Watch For Falling Magic".

yeti

Here in Central Texas, where many roads have been blasted through the Hill Country, we have roadside signs that warn drivers to "Watch For Falling Rock". Maybe Disney should just start puttin' up signs that warn Guests to "Watch For Falling Magic".

They might need both on Splash...

I know a majority of people don't give a crap whether the tarps are there or not but it kills me to think of how simple it would be to remove things like this. I know it still costs them money to take things down but it would improve the look so much. What percentage of TDO do you think legitimately cares about the fan base (local or otherwise)? 5? Maybe 10%? They really just only view their guests as walking, talking dollar signs. They need to put this team into the hands of someone other than money-grubbing, speadsheet-analyzing, stock-checking, trend-following, bean-counting suits. Here's a few good rules for TDO to follow SOON...

1. Take risks.
2. Spend money.
3. Stop listening to Pixiedust huffing bloggers because you'll always have them coming back no matter what you do.
4. Find the realist Disney fan who loves the company but knows they need to step it up, & LISTEN TO THEM!
5. FIX THE YETI!

/rant

Sorry, just every time we see a wall go up in that plaza I just hope those things are tore down & it never happens. I appreciate the update though, HMF.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying:

1.Yes
2.Yes
3.No, sorry but they have to listen to fans whether they are hyper fans or hyper critical
4.Who are you to say who are realist Disney Fans? Just because you think YOUR opinion is more valid does not mean your opinion is the only one that should be listened too. But listening to ALL the fans are important.
5.Yes I agree, please fix it.

I rather Disney take their time and build something good, or do what they are doing with Test Track and have some company make sure it is up to snuff. I dont want them to pull a Universal in the aspect of them just taking known rides and just slapping on a new paint job and calling it new and innovative, like Dragon Challenge, Despicable Me, Simpsons, etc. If they are going to follow Universal they should do it right and do what they did with Spiderman or Forbidden Journey

IWant2GoNow

I agree with a lot of what you are saying:

1.Yes
2.Yes
3.No, sorry but they have to listen to fans whether they are hyper fans or hyper critical
4.Who are you to say who are realist Disney Fans? Just because you think YOUR opinion is more valid does not mean your opinion is the only one that should be listened too. But listening to ALL the fans are important.
5.Yes I agree, please fix it.

I rather Disney take their time and build something good, or do what they are doing with Test Track and have some company make sure it is up to snuff. I dont want them to pull a Universal in the aspect of them just taking known rides and just slapping on a new paint job and calling it new and innovative, like Dragon Challenge, Despicable Me, Simpsons, etc. If they are going to follow Universal they should do it right and do what they did with Spiderman or Forbidden Journey

3. Either of those scenarios would not work IMO. Listen to the "hyper fans" & we'd have 6 or 7 gates right now, listen to the "hyper critical" & we'd have no expansions ever until every light bulb was working & paint chip was peeled off, sanded down, & repainted over using state-of-the-art, high-$, no-fade, no-peel, highly weather-resistant paint. Triple coated...

4. I don't think my opinion is more valid than anyone else's. Nor did I state that. Currently concerning WDW, & for a fairly long time, Disney hasn't listened to ANY fan. Only to those who are looking over the books going "cut this much $ out of this project", "nah, don't fix it. costs money & guests are still riding it", or "let's raise gate prices again this year. fans already know it's coming, & newcomers won't notice any of the disrepairs or broken effects."

I'm a huge Disney fan. I don't know everything about it but I love learning more & more. The more I see out of the way the company is currently run is nothing near what it was almost 20 years ago. There was more heart involved, innovative rides that didn't have to revolve around a movie to get noticed & loved for what it was. The amount of care that used to go into maintaining the parks needs to be revitalized however they need to make sure they keep things fresh by adding new attractions & expanding the parks they have. But they've neglected everything for so long the repairs are going to take a LONG time & takes LOTS of money. More time & money now than if they had just done routine maintenance all along.

As for your ending statement that I bolded & underlined, this should never have had to have been said & never would have if Disney had followed their precedents all along. Disney was constantly the innovator of new attractions & experiences. To utter something like Disney should have to "follow Universal" is ridiculous in my mind. BUT it unfortunately at this point in time is almost true. I say almost because I still think that Disney shouldn't simply follow UNI (which they have already done trying to capitalize on a "Butterbeer"-esque "LeFou's Brew") but yet they need to innovate once again. Find something that UNI isn't doing & do it better before they can. However, with the current suits they have in power, I really don't think IMO that they have what it takes.

None of this is meant to attack or start an argument. I'm not that kind of person. I'm glad we do agree on most of the points. Also, by looking at your screenname, from a Dolphins fan, thank you for Anthony Fasano. :)

3. Either of those scenarios would not work IMO. Listen to the "hyper fans" & we'd have 6 or 7 gates right now, listen to the "hyper critical" & we'd have no expansions ever until every light bulb was working & paint chip was peeled off, sanded down, & repainted over using state-of-the-art, high-$, no-fade, no-peel, highly weather-resistant paint. Triple coated...

4. I don't think my opinion is more valid than anyone else's. Nor did I state that. Currently concerning WDW, & for a fairly long time, Disney hasn't listened to ANY fan. Only to those who are looking over the books going "cut this much $ out of this project", "nah, don't fix it. costs money & guests are still riding it", or "let's raise gate prices again this year. fans already know it's coming, & newcomers won't notice any of the disrepairs or broken effects."

I'm a huge Disney fan. I don't know everything about it but I love learning more & more. The more I see out of the way the company is currently run is nothing near what it was almost 20 years ago. There was more heart involved, innovative rides that didn't have to revolve around a movie to get noticed & loved for what it was. The amount of care that used to go into maintaining the parks needs to be revitalized however they need to make sure they keep things fresh by adding new attractions & expanding the parks they have. But they've neglected everything for so long the repairs are going to take a LONG time & takes LOTS of money. More time & money now than if they had just done routine maintenance all along.

As for your ending statement that I bolded & underlined, this should never have had to have been said & never would have if Disney had followed their precedents all along. Disney was constantly the innovator of new attractions & experiences. To utter something like Disney should have to "follow Universal" is ridiculous in my mind. BUT it unfortunately at this point in time is almost true. I say almost because I still think that Disney shouldn't simply follow UNI (which they have already done trying to capitalize on a "Butterbeer"-esque "LeFou's Brew") but yet they need to innovate once again. Find something that UNI isn't doing & do it better before they can. However, with the current suits they have in power, I really don't think IMO that they have what it takes.

None of this is meant to attack or start an argument. I'm not that kind of person. I'm glad we do agree on most of the points. Also, by looking at your screenname, from a Dolphins fan, thank you for Anthony Fasano. :)

For number 3 what i meant is that they need to listen to both sides to see what both ends of the continuum feel. Not listen to each but to see what they feel so they can gasp how the extreme fanbase views everything. A happy medium would be nice.

For number 4 i think my wording was bad. I hate when people say "real" fans all i can think about is the "real scot" fallacy. I also understand it is easy for people who dont run multinational companies to say what should be done, i have read on here people saying that they know what needs to be done and think they can do a better job but all i can do is laugh at that since they would get swallowed up within an hour of taking a true leadership job.

It is almost universal that once a company gets to the top it flattens out for awhile, and seeing that even with Potter, Universal's two parks combined dont even surpass MK in attendance they dont have a fire under their butts they should have.

Everyone follows everyone, everyone copies everyone....there is no true innovation any more.

P.S. You are welcome for Fasano, i am worried about this season since i would love to see ND in the BCS but i dont know if KSU or Oregon will lose...i have had to give up on my alma mater since they are a .500 team lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom