Wallpaper Contest #29 - Horizons!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Street USA

Original Poster
The winner of the Adventureland Wallpaper Contest, Imagineer99, won the opportunity to choose the next contest topic! And the topic is, the legendary......................

HORIZONS

Deadline: Monday, March 8th, at aorund 10:00pm CST.

Dimensions:Must be 700 pixels wide x 525 pixels high.

Let's honor one of the greatest attractions in WDW's history with some incredibly creative Horizons wallpapers! :)

imagineer99

I'm still stunned that I won....(I think I just saw a pig fly by):)

I'm really looking forward to seeing what people can come up with to honor such a wonderful attraction:D

SirNim

Horizons... hmm... This, I can guarantee, will be a toughie. Real tough. We're gonna get so many great ones, I can feel it in my cold bones... :lol:

DisneySaint

Yay! Finally Horizons! If possible, everyone - please post a link to a large resolution version of your work!

General Grizz

When NowInc told be about these contests at the beginning, I made a Horizons wallpaper (because that was one attraction he suggested on an AIM chat). So it was the first one I ever made. . . somewhere on this computer!

imagineer99

I figured I would start this contest off...

I made it rather quickly because I have some midterms coming up before Spring Break. I'm not sure I'm too happy with it. It seems that there is something "missing." If I fix it, I'll remove this one and put up the new one.

...and Kevin, SHAME ON YOU for not going on Horizons :D :lol:

Attachments

• horizons_flat copy.jpg
    horizons_flat copy.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 300

Figment1986

one second:

Thank You For Not Choosing One From Magic Kindom
Now i can attempt to participate in this one, hmm, i have an idea too...... Retro style.

(now to start searching.....)

Irrawaddy Erik

AHHHHHH fun fun fun.....I'm mad that I didnt get to participate in my own topic (darn school ruins my socal life LOL) so I can't wait to start this one.

ACE

I never got to ride on Horizons, so I don't have any reference for my entry. I have looked at pictures but that doesn't give me the experience to base my wallpaper on.

I based my wallpaper on the image that comes to my mind when I think of the name and the pictures I've seen. I only hope that I do it justice.

:wave: ACE

Attachments

• horizons wallpaper.jpg
    horizons wallpaper.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 219

imagineer99

Great Entries so far by everyone!

I like the CEO's because it reminds me of my favorite part of the ride--when the panels in front of you would illuminate and you had to choose your own future horizon! Ahhh....memories:)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineer99
Great Entries so far by everyone!

I like the CEO's because it reminds me of my favorite part of the ride--when the panels in front of you would illuminate and you had to choose your own future horizon! Ahhh....memories:)

Not to knock anyone's entries, because I'm really not.

But from what I recall, the 3 options near the end of Horizons were Space, Sea, and DESERT (mesa verde), not land.

Am I wrong here? :lookaroun

The_CEO

Originally posted by Main Street USA

But from what I recall, the 3 options near the end of Horizons were Space, Sea, and DESERT (mesa verde), not land.

Not what I was going for. If you notice those are oranges.. Not Desert. Desert is land btw.

imagineer99

Originally posted by Main Street USA

You are correct. The options were sea, space, and Desert. However, I consider desert to be a type of land. Plus, the picture I used to depict the land is of a Desert :)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by The_CEO
Not what I was going for. If you notice those are oranges.. Not Desert. Desert is land btw.

Interesting explanation. :rolleyes:

You're right, desert is land (thanks for clearing that up), but aside from one scene, what does your general "land" reference deal with?

You're space and sea references deal with a large part of the ride, and more obviously the ending "choose" sequence, yet you're land reference just doesn't measure up with the same importance.

Not trying to be picky, just trying to understand you're original idea, ESPECIALLY if you knew in advance that the correct "choose sequence" option was desert. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom