News Walkway between Disney's Grand Floridian and Disney's Polynesian Resort currently closed

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I hope this is brief, for the sake of any Polynesian guests who were planning on using the fitness center at GF. During our last stay at Polynesian did that walk every day!
I just weighed myself a few minutes ago then I ran across this post and thought: goals!

I need to be more concerned about fitness centers and how to get to them rather than noodles and who's preventing me from stuffing them into my face.

Honestly when you look at a scale and think "It's got to be wrong" Something is definitely wrong and it ain't the scale. LOL.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The trucks there today are from Intertek PSI. Looking at the company website, they provide among other construction and engineering services, environmental testing services. The truck in the photo appears to be drilling rig, not sure but possibly to drill a monitoring well or extracting doing some type ground analysis. Definitely not a deep enough rig for a bore of any kind of massive structure or foundation.
Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_42370.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The trucks there today are from Intertek PSI. Looking at the company website, they provide among other construction and engineering services, environmental testing services. The truck in the photo appears to be drilling rig, not sure but possibly to drill a monitoring well or extracting doing some type ground analysis. Definitely not a deep enough rig for a bore of any kind of massive structure or foundation.
Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_42370.jpg
They're huntin' for treasure.

pdude81

How deep would they have to drill to check a building footer? I wouldn't assume you need a truck capable of drilling a well to do that. At least not in swamp land. And I've seen portable units that can be towed by a regular truck that claim they can dig to 100 ft.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Might be…

what’s the net difference?
Concrete is more expensive and will last considerably longer than asphalt.

About the only con is concrete is harder to patch and is more prone to cracking. If memory serves me correctly, Disney tends to go with motor vehicle specs for their walkways which is typically an 8" deep pour. (standard sidewalks area around 4") That should greatly reduce cracking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom