Walking with Dinosaurs

FootballFigment

Original Poster
Last night I went to Mass to see "Walking with Dinosaurs". If you do not know what this show is all about visit www.dinosaurlive.com. This show was freakin awesome and the Dinosaurs looked very realistic. They walked around, roared and fought with eachother.

I think it would be awesome for disney to have a show like this or even have some of these giant dinosaurs walking around the parks or in the parades. After all disney is trying to get more anamatronics like Lucky or muppet labs and these dinosaurs made lucky look like crap. To be able to see a T-Rex like this show had, full sized, walking around Dinoland USA in AK would be incredible.

Any thought?

Disneykidder

I never heard of that show but it looks cool. My DS dreally like dinos.

I think something like that in Dinoland would make it seems more like, well, Dinoland. I have alwasy love the carnival appeal and the dig site but the whole thing doesn't really fit in with the whole animal theme. When I am in that land, I don't even feel like I am in Disney.

H20Babie

It is truly amazing! They show had about a week's run here and every show was sold out months before.

The only problem that I can foresee with your suggestion is the crew it takes as well as the people needed to actually move those dinosaurs around (since most are people powered rather than animatronic).

Maerj

It does look really amazing! I really think that this is what Disney *should* be doing instead of Chester & Hesters. Take that out and put a permanent arena in and work with the Walking with Dinosaurs people to do a version of that show. I don't know about having them walking around outside all day since they are puppet characters, that could be very hot for the performers in the hot Florida sun.

I think its getting harder for Disney to be amazing nowadays since there are so many other shows and parks trying to do the sort of things that only Disney used to do. Also, it seems like Disney's money men seem to be stingier with the money, making it harder for the Imagineers to do their jobs. On the other hand, the Walking with Dinosaurs website siad the show cost $20 million to produce which is really a drop in the bucket for a company like Disney.

whatnext

Awesome show !!! DS and I saw them at the Meadowlands in October. If your little one likes dinos like mine its worth it. The t-rex made me jump too.

WDWFigment

Wow, this is really awesome. I totally agree with the poster who suggested removing Chester and Hester and putting in a show building for this. But maybe with Nemo and FOTLK already there, another show might be too much? :shrug: I don't think so though, I'd love to see it!!!

But I think it would be better suited as a show rather than a walk-around character (a la Lucky) for two reasons, 1) too hot outside for character performers in dino suits, and 2) for the amount of money these things cost, it would be nice to have something substantive. Lucky and the Muppet lab are cool, but for the amounts of money they cost, I'd rather have an attraction that could entertain me for more than a few minutes...

krankenstein

It does look really amazing! I really think that this is what Disney *should* be doing instead of Chester & Hesters. Take that out and put a permanent arena in and work with the Walking with Dinosaurs people to do a version of that show. I don't know about having them walking around outside all day since they are puppet characters, that could be very hot for the performers in the hot Florida sun.

This is a really good idea. They would have to rework the back story of DinoLand but it isn't like they didn't when they put in Chester & Hesters big Cheesy area. :rolleyes:

Bill Smugs

If you look close enough at the dinos in this show they have a pice of senery under them that is on weels and the don't actully walk totaly on there onwn, where as lucky did actully walk. Yes he had the cart for the powrerpacks and transmitter and also probobly keep him stable but he is probobly a little more advanced then the dinos in the show.

I never heard of that show but it looks cool. My DS dreally like dinos.

I think something like that in Dinoland would make it seems more like, well, Dinoland. I have alwasy love the carnival appeal and the dig site but the whole thing doesn't really fit in with the whole animal theme. When I am in that land, I don't even feel like I am in Disney.
I agree they need to do more with the dino theme and this would be cool.

FootballFigment

Original Poster
If you look close enough at the dinos in this show they have a pice of senery under them that is on weels and the don't actully walk totaly on there onwn, where as lucky did actully walk. Yes he had the cart for the powrerpacks and transmitter and also probobly keep him stable but he is probobly a little more advanced then the dinos in the show.

Yeah there is kind of a vehicle that moves the dinos around and the feet are on sliders on either side to give the illusion of walking but its still really cool and looks smooth and beleivable when you see it in person.

the-reason14

Wow, I saw a clip on youtube, and that is absolutely amazing. Yea, I think Disney should do something like that, maybe like an extension to dinosaur. In a way it seems theyd be too similar seeing the AAs in the ride, then in the show, but still that was amazing.

grunter

What I have found really curious about the "Walking with Dinosaurs" show is that it tends to stay away from larger city venues. The entire "tour" has been second tier, smaller civic centers and nothing in the larger cities.

For example, although the show has played in St. Louis and Milwaukee, it skipped Chicago altogether.

Why?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom