Walking Distance - TTC to Contemporary

Iris

Original Poster
When they finish the GF to MK bridge, what will be the walking distance from TTC to Contemporary Resort?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When they finish the GF to MK bridge, what will be the walking distance from TTC to Contemporary Resort?

Looks like about 2 miles:

1598537759150.png

ExRoadie

I came up with 11,500 feet using the shortest walking path I took back in January from TTC to far side of Grand Floridian and from Contemporary to the end of the line past the Magic Kingdom entrance.

JIMINYCR

I've walked that path on my trips prior to the new extension, it was a pleasant stroll with anice view of the lagoon. I never encountered anyone else on my walks and rarely saw anyone on it from the monorail. Hopefully more guests will take advantage of it now and it will be worth all the work and effort Disney has put into it.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I hope that at some point there is a walkway from TTC to WL then over to the Contemp. Would be great to have a complete walking circle to the MK and all MK resorts.

Last year you could view this as a non-revenue, unnecessary non-starter. And while still not high on the revenue metric, it may be a little more important now considering the intangibles it may provide. Be nice to walk from the Poly to WL - or the WL to the MK (or at least have an option to).

nickys

Premium Member
I hope that at some point there is a walkway from TTC to WL then over to the Contemp. Would be great to have a complete walking circle to the MK and all MK resorts.

Last year you could view this as a non-revenue, unnecessary non-starter. And while still not high on the revenue metric, it may be a little more important now considering the intangibles it may provide. Be nice to walk from the Poly to WL - or the WL to the MK (or at least have an option to).

There’s a bigger problem there with the aqueduct going over the road, with no sidewalk, or room for one, on the road. You’ve somehow got to cross that canal, which is a bigger problem to solve than the GF canals.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
There’s a bigger problem there with the aqueduct going over the road, with no sidewalk, or room for one, on the road. You’ve somehow got to cross that canal, which is a bigger problem to solve than the GF canals.

Not being an engineer there is probably something I'm missing but here's how I see it.

Topiary Lane coming out of TTC connects into W Wilderness Road. Building a walkway over World Drive there - connecting into the WL should be relatively easy.

1598715326161.png

There already is a walkway under the bridge. You can see how close the beginning of the walkway (Yellow) is to the Topiary, World, W Wilderness intersect (Red). And how close it actually is to WL

1598712845745.png

At the intersection of Topiary Road, World Drive, and W Wilderness a cross bridge could be built like the ones at Springs with an alternate path. There is already a walk- way built under the bridge (Though they would need to imagineer it a bit for safety). This could take you under the bridge to another cross-bridge and back over World Drive and into the Contemporary. It'd probably take 15 minutes to walk from TTC to WL or Contemp. And probably 15 minutes from WL to Contemp.

1598712539828.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom