Walk to AKL from AK?

jaime_1234

We have reservations at Boma for breakfast on our next trip, and after eating we plan on going to Animal Kingdom for the day. I was wondering if there was a pathway from AKL to AK that we could walk on to get from one place to the other instead of moving our car. If there is, we could park at AK and then walk over for breakfast and then come back to AK without moving the car, which would be nice. I actually can't really remember how far AKL is from AK, but I seem to have the idea that it's about the same distance as from the Contemporary to the MK, and I know there is a walkway there.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There's no reason you couldn't park at AK and take the bus to AKL and back. It's only about a five minute trip. This would save you parking twice. :shrug:

Disney property is not only not pedestrian-friendly between resorts/parks, they actually discourage it. I've seen drivers radio in that there were pedestrians following the road. Without sidewalks or crosswalks it'd be rather dangerous to walk anywhere [other than paths between Boardwalk/EPCOT/DHS and Comtemporay/MK].

Upvote 0

Philo

Perhaps the walkways you saw were for AKL maintenance or animal care staff whom I imagine share many facilities with AK and so need an easy, backstage route to get there?

Upvote 0
:wave:if you are eating at AKL Boma you can just walk outside and take the bus to Animal Kingdom Park, do not try to walk there it may not seem a long distance but it is, also I do not believe you legally can walk there. I believe it is very dangerous to even attempt this. No one will expect to see a ped. walking and you may be hit by a bus or car. Please just use the bus that is available right outside the Lodge. It's a 5 min bus ride there.
Take care and be well now :wave:

Upvote 0

durangojim

Why not just park at AKL and then take the short bus trip to AK? If you decide to go to another park you could always just take a bus from AK or go back to AKL and drive.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Why not just park at AKL and then take the short bus trip to AK? If you decide to go to another park you could always just take a bus from AK or go back to AKL and drive.

The resort parking is supposed to be for resort guests and diners only. They may end up towing your car if it is left for more than 3 hrs w/o a parking pass. Then again, they may not, but why chance it?

Upvote 0

KingStefan

There's no reason you couldn't park at AK and take the bus to AKL and back. It's only about a five minute trip. This would save you parking twice. :shrug:

Disney property is not only not pedestrian-friendly between resorts/parks, they actually discourage it. I've seen drivers radio in that there were pedestrians following the road. Without sidewalks or crosswalks it'd be rather dangerous to walk anywhere [other than paths between Boardwalk/EPCOT/DHS and Comtemporay/MK].

There is also a path from Coronado Springs to Blizzard Beach to McDonalds to the All Stars. Also from the TTC to the Poly to the GF. And from FW to WL.

But you are correct. Walking on the roads is VERY dangerous and discouraged (and may be illegal).

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

I think there was a path at one time. I was listening to a podcast (sorry can't remember the name at the moment). The podcaster mentioned that they did take the path, however it took them a long time I want to say hlaf hour to an hour.

Upvote 0

jaime_1234

Original Poster
Okay, thanks everyone! I think the most logical thing to do will be to park at AK and just take the bus to AKL and back. Can't wait - I've heard good things about Boma!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Another reason that they don't let you walk between AK and AK Lodge is that a gorilla named Big George likes to jump out of the bushes and grab any guests that happen to venture that way.

He is rumored to be very friendly.

:king:

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

Another reason that they don't let you walk between AK and AK Lodge is that a gorilla named Big George likes to jump out of the bushes and grab any guests that happen to venture that way.

He has been very hungry lately though. :lookaroun

But yes, it is walking distance, but it is not a safe walk by any means. There are no pathways to/from DAKL to DAK. The bus ride is about 10 minutes now, due to the stop at Kidani Village. Take that into account for your trip there, for both timing and getting off at the correct place. The DAK/DAKL bus will stop at KV before coming back Jambo House and you want to get off at Jambo House.

Upvote 0

Lucky

Come on, that's not true. The gorilla's name is Uncle Louie.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom