Waldorf Astoria, JW Marriott etc

HollyAD

Original Poster
Looking for a nicer off property resort to take my husband to. He wants the golf experience. We don't have to stay at the exact golf location. He is planning to golf at Waldorf but Im not sure where else. We also have a dinning reservation at Bull & Bear. We are not opposed to locations a little further from Disney property as well. My son and I will probably do one park day so this isn't truly just a theme park trip.

Lilofan

Looking for a nicer off property resort to take my husband to. He wants the golf experience. We don't have to stay at the exact golf location. He is planning to golf at Waldorf but Im not sure where else. We also have a dinning reservation at Bull & Bear. We are not opposed to locations a little further from Disney property as well. My son and I will probably do one park day so this isn't truly just a theme park trip.
Four Seasons WDW next to Golden Oak/ Port Orleans

DISR

Nothing beats Four Season if you can afford it, but it is really expensive. For that kind of money I am staying at the resort to enjoy the environment, not sleeping there and heading to parks. The golf course there is only available to Four Seasons guests and members, and is very nice. If you do elect to stay at the Four Seasons, check out Capa. It is generally considered better than the Bull and Bear.

tpoly88

When are you going? i might be very late responding to this but as ive stayed at the Waldorf a few times i can say its really nice, a quick Uber to Epcot or HS as its very close to these. the Waldorf did have its own bus but with covid not sure. the Golf course there is nice and fun to play. the other Disney course are not far from there. if you want to stay father off property, the Omni Champions gate is a good solid and well priced hotel. rooms are nice and 2 decent golf courses. Reunion is a little farther out but big villa accommodations and 3 courses. Hyatt Grand Cypress needs a refresh but the courses there are good too.

HollyAD

Original Poster
When are you going? i might be very late responding to this but as ive stayed at the Waldorf a few times i can say its really nice, a quick Uber to Epcot or HS as its very close to these. the Waldorf did have its own bus but with covid not sure. the Golf course there is nice and fun to play. the other Disney course are not far from there. if you want to stay father off property, the Omni Champions gate is a good solid and well priced hotel. rooms are nice and 2 decent golf courses. Reunion is a little farther out but big villa accommodations and 3 courses. Hyatt Grand Cypress needs a refresh but the courses there are good too.
We ended up not being able to go. My husband got COVID the week before. But he really wants to play at Waldorf so we will replan this for another time. I saw Hyatt Grand Cypress but too while I was looking. If we aren't going to be in the room a lot we wouldn't really care if the rooms needed updating. But with that said, the parks have continued to be very busy for the off season so I vote Waldorf!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We ended up not being able to go. My husband got COVID the week before. But he really wants to play at Waldorf so we will replan this for another time. I saw Hyatt Grand Cypress but too while I was looking. If we aren't going to be in the room a lot we wouldn't really care if the rooms needed updating. But with that said, the parks have continued to be very busy for the off season so I vote Waldorf!
I wanted to give this one a sad emoji and a thumbs up at the same time. Can’t go wrong with the Waldorf Astoria there.

Lilofan

JW Marriott / Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes a few traffic lights from Sea World is first class service and opulent amenities. When we stayed there it was wonderful. I do not play golf but they have a beautiful course.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom