Waitlist question

scoobygirl39541

Original Poster
Hey all, quick question on the wait list system. Let's say I go to book a week at Aulani the morning the 7 month window opens, however, one day in my week is full. Could I book the full week and wait list just that one day or do I have to wait list the full week. When on the booking page, if I highlight a full week including 1 sold out day, it offers me a wait list open. Does that mean I would be wait listing the entire week, or would I get all the open days and I would be wait listing just that one day? Hope that makes sense, thank so much!

I've attached an example below. See how it only offers to wait list due to one day in the group being full. Does that mean the entire trip has to be wait listed?

Attachments

• wait list example.jpg
    wait list example.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 39

nickys

Premium Member
If you just click on the waitlist box, I think it will waitlist the whole block.

What you could do, is to book the 2nd and 3rd of July. Then waitlist the 4th (when the booking window opens if you haven’t reached it yet). And so on. And then book a back-up for the waitlisted night(s). So book what you can, waitlist the rest.

A waitlist for one night is more likely to open up than 4 nights. Your whole time must become available to fill a waitlist.

But of course, if it is really important to you that you stay in the same resort for the whole time, then you might decide to waitlist the whole block and take your chances.

scoobygirl39541

Original Poster
Oh thank you for your answer! That was helpful. One last thing. Let's say I book 2 nights and waitlist one and then get it a month later or so. Can you combine the 2 reservations?

dreamfinder

Keep in mind that if you can't get the whole booking, you wouldn't be able to book past the day it's full. The 7 month is a rolling window from the first day of your booking. So you could book day 1 & 2, but if day 3 is full, you couldn't book 4-7 until the 7 month window for day 4 hits.

scoobygirl39541

Original Poster
Keep in mind that if you can't get the whole booking, you wouldn't be able to book past the day it's full. The 7 month is a rolling window from the first day of your booking. So you could book day 1 & 2, but if day 3 is full, you couldn't book 4-7 until the 7 month window for day 4 hits.

Yes, got it. thank you :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom