Waitlist but no points

klutzyjo

Original Poster
I have a trip planned for August. I booked some of my nights using my 2018 points and my borrowed 2019 points. Since my use year is April I had one night not booked because I did not have the points to cover it. I had a waitlist that I had forgotten about but got an email today that it was fulfilled. All of my points for 2019 are now gone but I should have been 16 points short still. How did this happen? Did they charge my card (I don't see any charge on my card yet at least)? Since my reservation is after my use year will it get pulled from 2020?

FCivish3

If your use year is in April, then you are currently in your April 2018 use year, BUT, the August reservation falls into your April 2019 use year. That means that in order to use your 2018 points for it, then you must have BANKED them. Meanwhile, since it falls within your 2019 use year, your 2019 points would have applied, WITHOUT BORROWING. AND, you are now capable of BORROWING your 2020 use year points, so that is what happened. It borrowed the necessary points from 2020, and moved them back into the 2019 use year.

If you don’t want it, if you cancel it, your 2020 points will remain in the reservation, but any 2019 points that are extra, will be released. If you want to use up all your Borrowed 2020 points, since they will now expire on March 31, 2020, you could call member services and have them join the two reservations into 1 reservation, if they can (They can’t always do this.) Then have them cancel the extra part of the reservation, and have them release the 2019 points, so you can bank them into 2020.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom