Waiting in line for iPhone 5s

JohnD

Original Poster
There is a line?
Apple is releasing the iPhone 5s today. Stores have a limited supply. Either you wait in line to get one today or order one and get it in three weeks. I arrive at WDW 9/29. So I want to upgrade my 4 now.

Minthorne

Apple is releasing the iPhone 5s today. Stores have a limited supply. Either you wait in line to get one today or order one and get it in three weeks. I arrive at WDW 9/29. So I want to upgrade my 4 now.

I know abou the iphone5s release :) I'm just surprised there is a physical line of people waiting. I didn't think the demand would be that high. How big is the line where you are?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
We had ours ordered and delivered to our house with the last iPhone. I think we got them the day after the launch. Much better then standing in line.

PolynesianPrincess

I've had my iPhone 4 for almost 3 years. It's on it's last legs but I refuse to upgrade to the 5. I don't want to have to buy all new accessories for it. So, we just ordered the iPhone 4s, 16G of space for $50. For $50, you can't beat it, considering I paid $150 for my 4 and it only has 8G of space! I'll buy the 5s when the iPhone 7 comes out! ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've had my iPhone 4 for almost 3 years. It's on it's last legs but I refuse to upgrade to the 5. I don't want to have to buy all new accessories for it. So, we just ordered the iPhone 4s, 16G of space for $50. For $50, you can't beat it, considering I paid $150 for my 4 and it only has 8G of space! I'll buy the 5s when the iPhone 7 comes out! ;)
But the 4s is a really old phone and very little difference from your 4. You could get a lovely brand new 5c for just $79.

jkl2000

I have a Samsung GalaxyS and I hate it (Samsung Captivate). It's three years old, which should not be too old to still work, in my book, but a month or so ago it became very difficult to turn it on and off, and it's not hardware related, it's software related. After having it about one year the OS was outdated and apps weren't functioning because of changes Samsung had made, but upgrading the OS is such a pain that I just can't do it again. Samsung doesn't even really support the software you have to use to update the OS. The whole process sucks. And the phone has always had major issues with the GPS positioning being way off, wi-fi barely working, etc. It locks up all the time, get recurring errors. Meanwhile, my wife's iPhone has always been very reliable, and the camera is WAY better.

I got up at 3am this morning to upgrade to the iPhone 5c (AT&T - I'm not crazy about signing on for another two years with them, but what the heck - do more providers now have unlimited data plans or are more of them limited like AT&T? I'm thinking more of them are limited like AT&T, otherwise AT&T would have had to go the other way by now.

Anyway, since the late '80's I've been anti-Apple, but I finally decided to drink the Apple Kool Ade.
Like the OP, I needed to upgrade so that I'd have something reliable to run MDE on! It was achingly slow on the Samsung.

I also need to purchase a notebook computer for the trip (and beyond). Started out looking at SONY Vaios, but the 2013 ones apparently have major wi-fi issues with no fix yet from SONY, so I think I'm going to go with a MacBook Air. I don't have time for all the crap that the Windows and Android world require.

CtDisneyGuy33

I just ordered my 5s. It will be delivered next tuesday. As long as I have it for 10/5, I'm good. My Droid Bionic is on its last legs..

JohnD

Original Poster
I know abou the iphone5s release :) I'm just surprised there is a physical line of people waiting. I didn't think the demand would be that high. How big is the line where you are?

Didn't see your post until now. I see you posted at 7:52. Doors opened at 8. I was #15 in line. By the time the doors opened, the line extended around 3 walls of the AT&T building. I was out of there by 8:30.

JohnD

Original Poster

Completely agree if you're getting a brand new iPhone4. Definltely the way to go. The AT&T store was shocked that I was still using the iPhone 4 I bought 3 years ago. So I had wear-and-tear on mine. It was time for me to upgrade.

JohnD

Original Poster
Didn't see your post until now. I see you posted at 7:52. Doors opened at 8. I was #15 in line. By the time the doors opened, the line extended around 3 walls of the AT&T building. I was out of there by 8:30.

By the way, I woke up at 5:00 and was still #15 in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom