Waffle Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow....

belledream

I've tried 3:
  • Sweet and spicy chicken: The flavor of the chicken isn't what I expected. I guess I wanted it to be fried chicken :D It wasn't my favorite, but I'd give it another shot.
  • Ham, prosciutto and swiss: Tasted good, but a little on the boring side. You could make it at home.
  • Ham and Cheese Omelet Waffle Sandwich: THE BOMB. Favorite park breakfast. The omelet was nice and cheesy...I'm hungry now just thinking about it.

okcthunder

Original Poster
I've tried 3:
  • Sweet and spicy chicken: The flavor of the chicken isn't what I expected. I guess I wanted it to be fried chicken :D It wasn't my favorite, but I'd give it another shot.
  • Ham, prosciutto and swiss: Tasted good, but a little on the boring side. You could make it at home.
  • Ham and Cheese Omelet Waffle Sandwich: THE BOMB. Favorite park breakfast. The omelet was nice and cheesy...I'm hungry now just thinking about it.
I didnt know about the last two just the first one on WDWINFO it just has that one listed.

belledream

The first two are served at lunch hours. You can probably rely on Disney's official menu. :) The last one is only served for breakfast. So before 11 AM most likely.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I've tried 3:
Hmmm...The first one the Sweet and spicy chicken was battered and fried chicken breast pieces when I had it last year. Did they change it I wonder?

I had that one and the Ham and Prosciutto too and both were pretty good.

I never did the ham and cheese Omelet..but that's going on my list for this coming year.

belledream

It was lightly textured, but I think the weirdness of the sauce just went against my expectations for it to be like some Popeyes joint haha. It just didn't taste the way I thought it would. For what it's worth, my boyfriend said he enjoyed it so maybe it just wasn't my thing. :p

Haven't tried the Nutella one! It sure looks good but there are other sweets I'd go for ahead of that...Funnel cake *ahhhhh*

ShookieJones

It was lightly textured, but I think the weirdness of the sauce just went against my expectations for it to be like some Popeyes joint haha. It just didn't taste the way I thought it would. For what it's worth, my boyfriend said he enjoyed it so maybe it just wasn't my thing. :p

Haven't tried the Nutella one! It sure looks good but there are other sweets I'd go for ahead of that...Funnel cake *ahhhhh*
Yeah it wasn't a popeyes or hot wing sauce type of thing. It closely resembles an asian inspired sauce something akin to a General Tso's.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Hmmm...The first one the Sweet and spicy chicken was battered and fried chicken breast pieces when I had it last year. Did they change it I wonder?

I had that one and the Ham and Prosciutto too and both were pretty good.

I never did the ham and cheese Omelet..but that's going on my list for this coming year.

It was fried when I last was there too. I think April 13'. Could they have switched to grilled for health reasons? That would be crazy, it's a sandwich served on a waffle. Health concerns are out the window the second to step up to order a waffle sandwich.

Also, the Omelet one is really good.

belledream

Yeah it wasn't a popeyes or hot wing sauce type of thing. It closely resembles an asian inspired sauce something akin to a General Tso's.
Yeah, hence the 'sweet & spicy' name... And I love that stuff...I'm Asian haha. I guess it just doesn't go well on waffles to me. But like I said, I'd give it another try sometime in the future.

It was fried when I last was there too. I think April 13'. Could they have switched to grilled for health reasons? That would be crazy, it's a sandwich served on a waffle. Health concerns are out the window the second to step up to order a waffle sandwich.

It was fried - I was just expecting Popeyes-level of friedness I suppose. I'm really healthy!

ShookieJones

Exactly. The name "waffle" just lets you know what you're in for.
Celery & Jogging just sound good together, as Waffle & Sleep are equally complimentary.

Mukta

I love the sweet/spicy chicken waffle at Sleepy Hollow. In a park without a lot of QS food I like, this one was a hit.

IMG_1689.jpg

disney4life2008

I love the sweet/spicy chicken waffle at Sleepy Hollow. In a park without a lot of QS food I like, this one was a hit.

IMG_1689.jpg

Not quite what I expected it to look like. I may give this a try next week out of curiosity but I know what real chicken and waffles tastes like and from the looks - this is in no way related lol. I would rather a fried chicken breast dipped in buffalo sauce then topped on a waffle with syrup on top. I could do without all the greens and salad on top. But hey - I am a sport :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom