Vs.

fbp

I know, I know. The 1000th thread comparing two WDW resorts. We can't decide: Coronado Springs or Port Orleans Riverside?

Can anyone sell me one of these resorts with a one liner? Example: Only a boat ride away from Downtown Disney.

Thanks in advance!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Queen size beds at Coronado.

PORS is currently refurbing rooms and switching over to queen size beds but it will be a while before it is complete.

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

Coronado Springs: More adult oriented* since it's a convention hotel (Rix lounge, fitness facility, etc.)

* Not sure if that's good or not, but definitely lower ratio of kids to adults compared to many other resorts :)

(P.S.-You should listen to me because I'm Canadian too and went to university in Ottawa)

Upvote 0

fbp

Original Poster
Thanks for the quality sells! There are some things I had not considered in there. I should provide a tiny bit of context: My party consists of myself and my partner. We're both in our late twenties.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the quality sells! There are some things I had not considered in there. I should provide a tiny bit of context: My party consists of myself and my partner. We're both in our late twenties.
Should I take the high road or go for the joke?:shrug:

We will go high road....for now.:D

Coronado has a much more elegant, less is more, decor. It is also a more adult oriented resort and it has its own night club. When my wife and I go solo it is always the clear choice.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Coronado has a much more elegant, less is more, decor. It is also a more adult oriented resort and it has its own night club. When my wife and I go solo it is always the clear choice.

This should clinch it for the OP. Really one of the few places left on property for adult nighttime entertainment.

PORS is nice, but it does attract more families. The boat is nice, but are you planning on spending that much time at DtD that it is a big enough sell?

Upvote 0

fbp

Original Poster

I kind of want to know the joke. I don't see it.

This should clinch it for the OP. Really one of the few places left on property for adult nighttime entertainment.

PORS is nice, but it does attract more families. The boat is nice, but are you planning on spending that much time at DtD that it is a big enough sell?

Hmm. Well out of our nine days, we'll probably be at DTD three to five times. As dated as it is, we love DisneyQuest. Unless it's closed up come September 2012.

Upvote 0

fbp

Original Poster
I think the wife and I are going to roll Coronado Springs. When we started planning the trip in our heads we were thinking Riverside, but everything about Coronado Spring is pulling us. Seems like some of the bus rides will be a bit longer, but oh well oh well. You never know when you'll wait one minute or twenty to get on the bus in the first place, at any resort. I'm a bit sad about the no boat ride to DTD, but I won't be thinking about that while I'm Pepper Marketing it up!

We even thought about switching to a Value (we've always loved them before). We decided we'll be staying in values plenty if we have kids (it seems as if though they would be pulled to value theming).

CS here we come! Unless of course we change our minds :)

Upvote 0

Lucky

Good choice. Coronado is the most beautiful of the non-deluxe, and the only one with a fitness center, and the largest pool and hot tub. I think the bus service overall is probably better than POR.

Upvote 0

IndyDisney

CSR Cabana 8A. Request it. Quick walk to bus stop, Dig Site Pool, and quiet pool. It's about a 7 minute walk to El Centro. Just stayed there, and hope to have the exact room next year. Deluxe quality at a moderate's price.

Cheers,
Indy

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom