News Voyage of the Little Mermaid Refurb

erasure fan1

Too bad it isnt a permanent closing. A true embarrassment that a huge entertainment company is still running a show that a high school theater class could outshine today
I'd say the embarrassment isn't that they've kept it open. It's the fact that they've done zilch to update it in the 27 years it's been open. Unfortunately that is the state of a lot of things in WDW.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Not much point suggesting if no one listens ;)
Listening :rolleyes: I'm intrigued and I'm sure @RSoxNo1 is too, to know what all is included in this site? Personally sick of hearing about The birds & bears everywhere. Does this site include backstage or other attractions (that may go away to become whats next)?

Also, if this is the black box concept, would the time line be 2-3 years from gut to open?
And then I guess the next question is when would the little Mermaid see her last voyage?

RobotWolf

The mech for Ariel's rock is the lone remnant of the Muppet Show. I think the current show needs to be destroyed. I turn 50 this month and my last job for the mouse was that show. And I wasn't even in the first set of people trained. Bad Memories. It should have gone a long time ago.

Is it getting any audience numbers to justify its cost these days?

YodaMan

Didn’t think this needed a new thread so I apologize for the thread bump, but VotLM has recently started to undergo some paintwork on the exterior. Not sure if there’s more to come or if what they’ve done so far is all that’s planned, but everything below the marquee that was tan/beige like the soundstage exterior has been painted a deep blue.

LittleBuford

Didn’t think this needed a new thread so I apologize for the thread bump, but VotLM has recently started to undergo some paintwork on the exterior. Not sure if there’s more to come or if what they’ve done so far is all that’s planned, but everything below the marquee that was tan/beige like the soundstage exterior has been painted a deep blue.

I hope this means the show is being upgraded rather than replaced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom