News Voyage of the Little Mermaid Refurb

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I dont know why, but I was thinking this tiny little theatre would have some kind of replacement by the time Star Wars opened. It looks like it’s closing for a refurbishment instead, though, for a few days at the end of June going into July? According to a certain site i saw pop up on my Facebook feed.

Sorry if this has been posted before. I havent seen it anywhere.

mf1972

The best move for Disney would be to close the Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Launch Bat, replace the Animation Courtyard archway and replace it with the Monsters University gate, then put in the Monsters Inc. roller coaster where Launch Bay used to be.
Expand that area behind One Man's Dream and connect it into Toy Story Land.
They can have a REAL Pizza Planet and re-theme PizzaRizzo's into something better, and this time with little animatronic muppet rats throughout helping make food, etc.

Then they can have Mike and Sulley with a permanent meet and greet in the Monsters Inc. area.
They can possibly add an Inside Out ride through the mind.
Then they can even add a Wall-E ride where Wall-E and Eve take you on a journey through space with the captain of the ship and they teach you about the environment and health.
Floating overhead they should permanently have the house on balloons from "Up".
And just on the outskirts of Andy's backyard they can put in Al's Toy Barn.

I wouldn't mind if they cut a hole in Andy's fence and you could look into his evil neighbor kid's backyard and see some deformed toys moving around. That would be very fun even as a projection through the eyehole.

There are so many better ways to use this area.
sounds like an east coast version of pixar pier without the pier. i’m in 👍

celluloid

Too bad it isnt a permanent closing. A true embarrassment that a huge entertainment company is still running a show that a high school theater class could outshine today

I like ththe atmosphere as a side attraction. Beauty and the Beast I think is the qorst offender of your desription.

awoogala

the last 2 trips we made- once in September, once in February. Closed for technical difficulties- once when the show had started- shooed us all out. I think it could use some major upgrades to the sound system, and especially, the effects- if they plan on keeping it. The puppetry is still great, but the laser makes me think I'm at a bad Pink Floyd laser night at the planetarium circa 1990. That could be replaced.

Club Cooloholic

Maybe update the show, I dont know make it Wallee, think how well the black background would play with space adventures! And cant they fit a playground area somewhere around here? With all the Disney Jr. Kids around one would really do well and is need since Honey I Sheunk The Kids was razed.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Maybe update the show, I dont know make it Wallee, think how well the black background would play with space adventures! And cant they fit a playground area somewhere around here? With all the Disney Jr. Kids around one would really do well and is need since Honey I Sheunk The Kids was razed.
The Disney animation thing that used to be there was basically an indoor playground. "Interactive exhibits"

Club Cooloholic

The Disney animation thing that used to be there was basically an indoor playground. "Interactive exhibits"
Hmm I do remember that, heck I even remember the version where you got to see the real artists working. But that was in no way a playground, but sure bring that back too. One of things Disneylans does better than WDW is they have a dedicated to animation, and they teach various classes for guests throughout the day. If they did it in WDW somewhere I am sure it there would be a fee lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom