Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

PizzaPlanet

I feel like with Ratatouille the setting of Paris was such a big part of the movie, so most see it as a no-brainer in the pavillion. If it was Beauty and the Beast the general public would be like "wait, that took place in France?". Unless you remember that one line from Be Our Guest you might be a little confused.

Clopin Trouillefou

I actually think MMRR is *better* than GMR though I would have preferred they kept both. We will see about GotG. UoE was an embarrassment during the 2010s.

Frozen singalong is surprisingly good and better than anything in that space in decades.

Toy Story Land is more enjoyable than any recent Backlot Tour.

Soarin Around the World is a net-plus for the park—we got digital projectors and a show that fits Epcot better.

The new Land show is actually good. Haven’t seen the Canada show or BatB singalong though I expect the former is good.

I liked the M:S updates.

The Coronado Springs update was absolutely a win. And I personally approve of the Copper Creek updates at WL.

It hasn’t been that awful...

I've always been too afraid to post that I'm of the opinion that Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios have never been better than they are in their current states (IP influx & all) out of fear of starting a debate about avatar or the great movie ride, thanks for taking the dive.

sadly, I do think Epcot just got worse and worse. fingers crossed for a better decade.

ToTBellHop

I've always been too afraid to post that I'm of the opinion that Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios have never been better than they are in their current states (IP influx & all) out of fear of starting a debate about avatar or the great movie ride, thanks for taking the dive.

sadly, I do think Epcot just got worse and worse. fingers crossed for a better decade.
I agree with your assessment. I do lament that Rivers of Light never took off. I fear we won’t be seeing nighttime hours at DAK. Why would they keep it open late? Because Pandora sort-of glows?

UNCgolf

I definitely think Animal Kingdom is the best it's ever been. DHS is more of a mixed bag -- it's the best it's been in a while, but I'm not sure it's any better than it was in the mid 1990s. It's just different. If Toy Story Land wasn't such a huge miss it would have a stronger case.

TrainsOfDisney

DAK expanded correctly though, they moved FOTLK into a better themed theatre. Most people visiting the parks every few years wouldn’t even realized it moved.

Studios is very strange to me, they really haven’t added to the park (which is the smallest to begin with) they just rebuilt it in a hap-hazard way. Call me crazy but I would have preferred they built Rise and some more shops in the old cm parking lot, retheme the quick service and call it a day. With the extra .5 billion or so they saved they could have maybe found it in the budget to add Mickey’s in the animation courtyard where it belongs and not cut the extra theming from toy story land.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
DAK expanded correctly though, they moved FOTLK into a better themed theatre. Most people visiting the parks every few years wouldn’t even realized it moved.

Studios is very strange to me, they really haven’t added to the park (which is the smallest to begin with) they just rebuilt it in a hap-hazard way. Call me crazy but I would have preferred they built Rise and some more shops in the old cm parking lot, retheme the quick service and call it a day. With the extra .5 billion or so they saved they could have maybe found it in the budget to add Mickey’s in the animation courtyard where it belongs and not cut the extra theming from toy story land.
If we’re talking about putting mickeys “where it belongs” it would be in Toontown/storybook circus

DCLcruiser

I don't mean to be overly harsh, and it's great that some people enjoy it!

I know that's what they were going for, and it's successful to an extent. The bigger problem is that it's very small and doesn't have great attractions. I personally have a strong dislike for TSMM, but even if you love it, it was preexisting. Only SDD and Saucers were built for TSL, and while Slinky Dog is a fun enough ride, there's just not much theming to it beyond the fact you're sitting in a Slinky Dog vehicle. You go by a few props etc. but I think it's a lesser ride than 7DMT, and 7DMT is nowhere near as good as it could/should have been.

I just think they could have easily built something significantly better.
A larger Pixar Park sounds great. For a Disney coaster, Slinky is enjoyable. TSMM is one of the few rides that myself and party end the ride hysterically laughing and exhausted from trying so hard to beat each other's score (way better than Buzz). I think it's the most fun ride in the parks.

I also like to think that SW:GE is actually a continuation of TSL. So we are all action figures, not transported to another planet...

TrainsOfDisney

If we’re talking about putting mickeys “where it belongs” it would be in Toontown/storybook circus

Hmm.... I don’t think it should be in storybook but I DO think storybook deserves more. I wish they could have done a Casey’s JR. ride, they could have built a circus train that was parked next to the wdw rr with AA animals sticking out... the railroad would have passed it on one side, and the Casey jr. train would have passed it on the other.

owlsandcoffee

Hmm.... I don’t think it should be in storybook but I DO think storybook deserves more. I wish they could have done a Casey’s JR. ride, they could have built a circus train that was parked next to the wdw rr with AA animals sticking out... the railroad would have passed it on one side, and the Casey jr. train would have passed it on the other.

With the railroad circus theming, the ride could've been made to work. I do think the way it's themed (as a cartoon being shown in a theatre) fits very well in DHS.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Hmm.... I don’t think it should be in storybook but I DO think storybook deserves more.
I'm just saying... As far as places making sense goes, it would be a prime location. Animation Courtyard lost the point of its theming as soon as art of animation closed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I agree with your assessment. I do lament that Rivers of Light never took off. I fear we won’t be seeing nighttime hours at DAK. Why would they keep it open late? Because Pandora sort-of glows?

No reason to stay open late now.

But post-pandemic, they need to do something to make DAK a full day park as part of the strategy to keep everyone who spent the day at DAK, Epcot, and DHS from hopping over to MK for the night, making it unbearably crowded.

ToTBellHop

But post-pandemic, they need to do something to make DAK a full day park as part of the strategy to keep everyone who spent the day at DAK, Epcot, and DHS from hopping over to MK for the night, making it unbearably crowded.
Unbearably crowded? Maybe by 2024, it would seem...

MadTeacup

I almost wonder if they're considering permanently ending park hopper tickets for this reason. Imagine... No park hopper means that guests spend all day at one park. That's less stress on the Disney Transportation systems and more reason to try to spend a full day at one park. Guests often feel a higher perceived value when they stay all day. Mind you, this is just a theory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom