Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

YodaMan

I realize the reopening of DHS is tomorrow, but do we have any confirmation one way or another whether the attraction is truly done for? With some live entertainment returning to MK and AK, it would be possible to block off seats like they did in Mickey's Philarmagic so guests could enjoy the show.

Truly done for? Maybe not. But OP was correct. Efforts were made to get Indy, BatB, Frozen, and Disney Junior ready for reopening and all of the technicians and operations cast and custodial were ready to go but things fell through because of Equity. No efforts were made at all to get Mermaid ready.

TJJohn12

This would be the perfect time and place to create a full Toontown experience...CarToon Spin is a great ride.. and there are others they could add...Seems like Toontown should have been built decades ago in this spot...It certainly makes sense within the design and structure of the park.
A lot of us have wished for that for a long time... from an armchair thread over in the imagineering forum:

_caleb

Ya know, it wouldn't be too bad an idea to move Mickey's Philharmagic to the space, freeing up space in Fantasyland for another dark ridee... dunno if there's enough room there, though.
I hear these sorts of ideas often, but I'm curious: other than moving rides TO the parks (CoP, IASM), are there a lot of examples of Disney moving an attraction within a park from from one park to another?

Brer Panther

I hear these sorts of ideas often, but I'm curious: other than moving rides TO the parks (CoP, IASM), are there a lot of examples of Disney moving an attraction within a park from from one park to another?
Well, Magic Journeys was moved from EPCOT to the Magic Kingdom (in the very same space that Mickey's Philharmagic is in now, ironically enough). So there's that. Not sure if there are any other examples...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Carousel of Progress moved from Disneyland to MK.

Mickey Mouse Revue moved from Magic Kingdom to Tokyo Disneyland.

Festival of the Lion King was relocated to another section of AK.

TrainsOfDisney

This would be the perfect time and place to create a full Toontown experience...CarToon Spin is a great ride.. and there are others they could add...Seems like Toontown should have been built decades ago in this spot...It certainly makes sense within the design and structure of the park.

It was planned.... lots of cool ideas for this park are covered in Kevin Rafferty’s book.

Lirael

If disney can launder money invest by making changes to the PotC animatronic based on a movie that hasnt even come out yet, surely they could launder invest in putting something in the Voyage's place

Jedi Stitch

Isn't it customary for Disney to open new attractions, and close down under performing or expensive show/rides to transfer operation capital to the new ride or area?

jt04

I kinda like Philharmagic where it is. Nice air conditioned sit and chill area in Fantasy Land.

The ip is a poor fit for Fantasyland. I think of that space as something that should be reimagined every decade or so. A theater show that is relevant and fits the land. They should try that.

Frozen, Brave, Tangled, Alice, Cindy, Sword in the Stone (If it gets a live action version), SB, and Pixie Hollow are all obvious possibilities.

Philharmonic is a perfect fit for the Hollywood Studio park.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Carousel of Progress moved from Disneyland to MK.

Mickey Mouse Revue moved from Magic Kingdom to Tokyo Disneyland.

Festival of the Lion King was relocated to another section of AK.

To add to that list, Disneyland's Dumbo and Astro Orbiters have both moved within Disneyland (from their original locations) and Flik's Flyers was moved (and rethemed) within DCA.

Brer Panther

Hmm, that would allow them to put a dark ride back in the SWSA space. Interesting.
Or, maybe they could stick the meet-and-greet in the "Fantasy Faire" gift shop and dark rides in the Snow White and Phillharmagic space? Again, I dunno how much room there is in the Phillharmagic space or if there's enough for a dark ride, but...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom