Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
I know it is also because it is indoors and has a small preshow gathering area as its standby(and costly)
but if this goes before The Beauty And The Beast stage show, something is really wrong. Even though they, along with any street entertainment are likely all gone.

Bye Bye Frozen sing along if that is the case too. If it is really anything about safety, then a large gathering of that many people belting their breaths to sing along is a bad idea.

Frozen is popular and more of a people eater. It will stay with modifications.

celluloid

Frozen is popular and more of a people eater. It will stay with modifications.

People Eating probably will not be much of a concern, or benefit if it has those modifications.
Which tells you(as it is no secret with what we knew was coming) it is more about cost saving than safety.

You guys think Indy will see a watered down show? Reduced cast and crew and shorter segments? Stunt Shows are very expensive and require the largest crew of any show on property(of course Fantasmic would be included in this category)

Stadium Shows are technically the safest if you have loading groups and if crowds are down, people sit with their own families with gaps by defacto.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
People Eating probably will not be much of a concern, or benefit if it has those modifications.
Which tells you(as it is no secret with what we knew was coming) it is more about cost saving than safety.

You guys think Indy will see a watered down show? Reduced cast and crew and shorter segments? Stunt Shows are very expensive and require the largest crew of any show on property(of course Fantasmic would be included in this category)

Stadium Shows are technically the safest if you have loading groups and if crowds are down, people sit with their own families with gaps by defacto.

People eating is ALWAYS a concern. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about outdoor shows. As for what is happening to Frozen, I don't know for sure, other than capacity being limited and assigned seating. I now it works in movie theaters, not sure how it would work in a theme park.

brb1006

It was a good show, our family enjoyed it.
It's a good show, but this show alongside the BATB Live on stage seriously needs to get removed/replaced. It's currently one of the oldest attractions at DHS. Even the tarps for the BATB entrance is already showing it's age.
Featured-Beauty-and-the-Beast.jpg

Last edited:

celluloid

People eating is ALWAYS a concern.

Many attractions as of late prove that is not the case anymore.
But in all seriousness, people eating will not be a justification for staying if the capacity is severely cut. Expect things to reopen with less changes than some think. Or returning to an unoticeable amount much quicker than some thing.

TrainsOfDisney

Isn’t this the one where it rains inside the building somehow? I remember getting freaked out by that back in 03.

Yes! And that rain / mist effect is what makes the lasers look so good too, along with the theatre being regularly filled with haze. Most Disney shows, like frozen, use haze more sparingly so the lighting effects don’t look as good.

The little mermaid show is dated for a few reasons, one of them being the amount of money they would spend on a pretty simple show. Compare mermaid to the new Cars show for example. Equity performers, puppeteers, fiber optics, lasers,
waterfall curtain, rain / mist effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom