Vote V/N McQueen For Official Disneyland Decision Maker 2020+

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
My fellow Disney freaks - Since Disneyland is now apparently taking ideas from outside of the company (a la "Twitter Rage"), i'd like to announce my official candidacy for Official Disneyland Decision Maker 2020+. My romanticized version of the Disneyland Resort is Par None and I am humbly asking for your support in reversing the damage that has been done. For starters, I would like to run my campaign on the following promises:

1. NO MORE UNNCESSARY RESKINS!
Are you constantly living in fear that your favorite attraction will become victim to an ever-changing-and-wildly-misunderstanding-management-team's-IP-advertisement-ideas? Well fear no more! Instead of Hyperspace Mountain, I will approve a Speeder Bike coaster in SW:GE. Instead of putting a stop to Brer Rabbit's story, I WILL create a Princess and the Frog attraction elsewhere in Disneyland, to give that movie the love and standalone ride that it deserves. If an attraction is popular as it is - I will NOT be allowing any major changes to it. Disneyland is your land and your happy memories deserve a place to stay!

2. TOMORROWLAND WILL GET ITS IDENTITY BACK
Were you also irked at the sounds of Highschool musical playing in the Tomorrowland Theatre? Discount Star Wars / Toy Story Land will receive the upgrades, love and care that it deserves. I would bring back the all-original retro vision of how people in the mid-1900's perceived the future, the WEDway People Mover will be avenged, I would reevaluate Autopia and possibly replace the vehicles with an electric substitute (maybe team up with Tesla on this one.. after all, I am a shareholder), and lastly we will find a proper use for the Innoventions building. The current IP will not be making a comeback here and we will pretend that Pizza Planet never happened.

Space Mountain is SAFE!

3. PRICE INCREASES SHOULD REFLECT THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT!
I might put a stop to the yearly price increases, honestly it depends on how much my pay is reflected by that. But you should NOT be paying 200 a day for Mission Cheapout and Chase a Baby!

4. FOOD OFFERINGS SHALL BE IMPROVED!
I will fire whoever is in charge of the food quality at Disneyland and California Adventure, and I will hire chef Gordon Ramsay to re-evaluate every single food destination. You will be provided with higher-quality meals at or around the same price they are at today. Healthier options will be provided so that vomiting and loud diarrhea becomes less of a problem. But not to worry, the dessert selections you love will not be going away because I believe in freedom of choice.

5. THE FUTURE IS ORIGINAL!
I will allow for IP's given the concept is original, and the ride works without it's namesake program - but I hereby solemnly swear that we will once again be approving attractions that are made like Expedition Everest, Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion.. you see my point? Starting with People Mover in Tomorrowland and going from there, I will ensure that all new experiences do NOT feel like an advertisement. Good storytelling, ideas, and proper themeing are the biggest priorities.

6. ATTRACTION DIVERSITY TEAM?
How about a Walt Disney's Concept Preservation Team! That's right, all improvements and refurbishments will have to go through a team of Disney Parks fanatics who treasure what Disneyland is truly all about. I will strongly encourage diversity in executive leadership including a variety of cultural differences, so that more great ideas and original concepts could come to fruition. All pros and cons would be evaluated and the ultimate decision may or may not come to a vote by the Annual Passholder Community.

Oh yes, I will not shove my ideas in your face and tell you to like it. I will ask Passholders and hardcore Disney parks fans for their opinions. This way we will minimize controversial and boneheaded moves.

7. FIRE BOB CHAPEK AND BAN HIM FROM ALL DISNEY PROPERTIES FOR LIFE. EVALUATE IF WE SHOULD DO THE SAME FOR IGER AND CAMPBELL. AND PROBABLY FIRE KATHLEEN KENNEDY EVEN THOUGH THIS IS BEYOND MY ROLE BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW SHE'S RUINING STAR WARS.

8. SOME FINAL, QUICK NOTES AND RAPID FIRE IDEAS THAT FURTHER EXPLAIN WHAT MY CAMPAIGN IS ALL ABOUT

1. Remove Chase-A-Baby (low quality garbage, trying to be something it's not, jack jacks on a stick) because I will NOT allow that sort of quality in my Disney theme parks. California Screamin' (2.0) would come back and I would improve all on-board audio speakers. Possibly give it a different paint scheme in the spirit of point 3.
2. Improve Star Wars Land because you shouldn't feel like it's there just to profit off of your nostalgia. We're adding the speeder bike ride, we're hiring more entertainment, we'll have a stage for a show somewhere. You deserve a better Galaxies Edge.
3. Pixar Pier will be changed to a more romanticized version of a colonial style port.. maybe kinda like what hey have at Tokyo DisneySea.. except a design that works with Midway Mania and Screamin'.
4. Marvel Land will be reevaluated. Changed? Maybe on the exterior but I would like to see a small-city sort of design in this land. I would love Tower of Terror to come back but at this point, I would be open to better ideas that rival the creativity of Tokyo DisneySea's version. Mission Cheapout garbage facility plant will no longer be a cancer to our eyes.
5. Soarin' will be put up to a competition. I'll have one side running SATW, and the other running SOC. Whichever one pulls in bigger waits / reviews after 1 year, gets to stay.
6. Everything will work, always! We will not cheap out on maintenance or upgrades.
7. More great ideas are to come!

Vote V/N McQueen for Official Disneyland Decision Maker 2020+!

happy-businessman-png-shaking-hands-business-115632690125rwl0x2uto.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
My fellow Disney freaks - Since Disneyland is now apparently taking ideas from outside of the company (a la "Twitter Rage"), i'd like to announce my official candidacy for Official Disneyland Decision Maker 2020+. My romanticized version of the Disneyland Resort is Par None and I am humbly asking for your support in reversing the damage that has been done. For starters, I would like to run my campaign on the following promises:

Are you constantly living in fear that your favorite attraction will become victim to an ever-changing-and-wildly-misunderstanding-management-team's-IP-advertisement-ideas? Well fear no more! Instead of Hyperspace Mountain, I will approve a Speeder Bike coaster in SW:GE. Instead of putting a stop to Brer Rabbit's story, I WILL create a Princess and the Frog attraction elsewhere in Disneyland, to give that movie the love and standalone ride that it deserves. If an attraction is popular as it is - I will NOT be allowing any major changes to it. Disneyland is your land and your happy memories deserve a place to stay!

Were you also irked at the sounds of Highschool musical playing in the Tomorrowland Theatre? Discount Star Wars / Toy Story Land will receive the upgrades, love and care that it deserves. I would bring back the all-original retro vision of how people in the mid-1900's perceived the future, the WEDway People Mover will be avenged, I would reevaluate Autopia and possibly replace the vehicles with an electric substitute (maybe team up with Tesla on this one.. after all, I am a shareholder), and lastly we will find a proper use for the Innoventions building. The current IP will not be making a comeback here and we will pretend that Pizza Planet never happened.

Space Mountain is SAFE!

I might put a stop to the yearly price increases, honestly it depends on how much my pay is reflected by that. But you should NOT be paying 200 a day for Mission Cheapout and Chase a Baby!

I will fire whoever is in charge of the food quality at Disneyland and California Adventure, and I will hire chef Gordon Ramsay to re-evaluate every single food destination. You will be provided with higher-quality meals at or around the same price they are at today. Healthier options will be provided so that vomiting and loud diarrhea becomes less of a problem. But not to worry, the dessert selections you love will not be going away because I believe in freedom of choice.

I will allow for IP's given the concept is original, and the ride works without it's namesake program - but I hereby solemnly swear that we will once again be approving attractions that are made like Expedition Everest, Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion.. you see my point? Starting with People Mover in Tomorrowland and going from there, I will ensure that all new experiences do NOT feel like an advertisement. Good storytelling, ideas, and proper themeing are the biggest priorities.

How about a Walt Disney's Concept Preservation Team! That's right, all improvements and refurbishments will have to go through a team of Disney Parks fanatics who treasure what Disneyland is truly all about. I will strongly encourage diversity in executive leadership including a variety of cultural differences, so that more great ideas and original concepts could come to fruition. All pros and cons would be evaluated and the ultimate decision may or may not come to a vote by the Annual Passholder Community.

Oh yes, I will not shove my ideas in your face and tell you to like it. I will ask Passholders and hardcore Disney parks fans for their opinions. This way we will minimize controversial and boneheaded moves.

7. FIRE BOB CHAPEK AND BAN HIM FROM ALL DISNEY PROPERTIES FOR LIFE. EVALUATE IF WE SHOULD DO THE SAME FOR IGER AND CAMPBELL. AND PROBABLY FIRE KATHLEEN KENNEDY EVEN THOUGH THIS IS BEYOND MY ROLE BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW SHE'S RUINING STAR WARS.

8. SOME FINAL, QUICK NOTES AND RAPID FIRE IDEAS THAT FURTHER EXPLAIN WHAT MY CAMPAIGN IS ALL ABOUT

1. Remove Chase-A-Baby (low quality garbage, trying to be something it's not, jack jacks on a stick) because I will NOT allow that sort of quality in my Disney theme parks. California Screamin' (2.0) would come back and I would improve all on-board audio speakers. Possibly give it a different paint scheme in the spirit of point 3.
2. Improve Star Wars Land because you shouldn't feel like it's there just to profit off of your nostalgia. We're adding the speeder bike ride, we're hiring more entertainment, we'll have a stage for a show somewhere. You deserve a better Galaxies Edge.
3. Pixar Pier will be changed to a more romanticized version of a colonial style port.. maybe kinda like what hey have at Tokyo DisneySea.. except a design that works with Midway Mania and Screamin'.
4. Marvel Land will be reevaluated. Changed? Maybe on the exterior but I would like to see a small-city sort of design in this land. I would love Tower of Terror to come back but at this point, I would be open to better ideas that rival the creativity of Tokyo DisneySea's version. Mission Cheapout garbage facility plant will no longer be a cancer to our eyes.
5. Soarin' will be put up to a competition. I'll have one side running SATW, and the other running SOC. Whichever one pulls in bigger waits / reviews after 1 year, gets to stay.
6. Everything will work, always! We will not cheap out on maintenance or upgrades.

View attachment 481080

You got my vote!

Mac Tonight

Before you get my vote, let me know what you think of the following:

-The complete removal of all Jack Sparrows and the hideous Redd AA from POTC.

-Changing the time period of HMH to begin post-Halloween (with a possibly inclusion of a scarier HM on Halloween), and the return of HM to begin promptly on Jan 1st.

-Ditching Tarzan and imagining a new and improved Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
You’re speakin my language! To your second point, though, I want to hear some plans for Tomorrowland. And I wouldn’t be mad if there was some EPCOT in there (and not the sad version we have now). Give me some innoventions area music, fiberoptic flooring, and a people mover, and we can talk....

Mac Tonight

You’re speakin my language! To your second point, though, I want to hear some plans for Tomorrowland. And I wouldn’t be mad if there was some EPCOT in there (and not the sad version we have now). Give me some innoventions area music, fiberoptic flooring, and a people mover, and we can talk....
Yes. Turn Tomorrowland into an Epcot Center Lite, and I'm 100% there.

Or better yet... tear down DCA entirely and actually build WestCot like they originally planned.

Phroobar

I just realized what your avatar was.
I have one too.. a 2020 Hyundai Veloster Turbo.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Before you get my vote, let me know what you think of the following:

-The complete removal of all Jack Sparrows and the hideous Redd AA from POTC.

-Changing the time period of HMH to begin post-Halloween (with a possibly inclusion of a scarier HM on Halloween), and the return of HM to begin promptly on Jan 1st.

-Ditching Tarzan and imagining a new and improved Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Hello fellow Disney Parks fan. You bring up some great points that somehow I missed!

-Pirates of the Caribbean: I am all for bringing back the original auction scene, as I do not relate to the PC crowd. However, I also believe the current auction scene could theoretically work but it desperately needs a dialogue / voice actress change. She needs to sound a little more like an actual pirate and less like a British tourist. Also i'd like to bring back the two guys and the treasure chest at the lift hill. Jack Sparrow could be removed here and there. All of the above would best benefit from a AP / Disney fan poll & a consultation with my future Concept Preservation team!

-Haunted Mansion Holiday: I love this ride but yes it needs to be shortened. Halloween time, I'd approve live actors and other gags in the HM itself. Immediately in November HMH would be a go and continue until January. HMH is a magnet for crowds though so if it gets too popular in that short amount of time, then it might have to come in October the next year.

-Removing Tarzan Tree House Theme I'm all for it. Let's bring back some Americana.

WESTCOT would be incredible! I'd need to see some feasible concepts. You're ideas for Tomorrowland are second to none!

I just realized what your avatar was.
I have one too.. a 2020 Hyundai Veloster Turbo.

Haha man that's awesome! It looks good in black. I just picked mine up in February hence the name change.

IMG_20200203_173457.jpg
IMG_20200205_172904.jpg

Phroobar

Hello fellow Disney Parks fan. You bring up some great points that somehow I missed!

-Pirates of the Caribbean: I am all for bringing back the original auction scene, as I do not relate to the PC crowd. However, I also believe the current auction scene could theoretically work but it desperately needs a dialogue / voice actress change. She needs to sound a little more like an actual pirate and less like a British tourist. Also i'd like to bring back the two guys and the treasure chest at the lift hill. Jack Sparrow could be removed here and there. All of the above would best benefit from a AP / Disney fan poll & a consultation with my future Concept Preservation team!

-Haunted Mansion Holiday: I love this ride but yes it needs to be shortened. Halloween time, I'd approve live actors and other gags in the HM itself. Immediately in November HMH would be a go and continue until January. HMH is a magnet for crowds though so if it gets too popular in that short amount of time, then it might have to come in October the next year.

-Removing Tarzan Tree House Theme I'm all for it. Let's bring back some Americana.

WESTCOT would be incredible! I'd need to see some feasible concepts. You're ideas for Tomorrowland are second to none!

Haha man that's awesome! It looks good in black. I just picked mine up in February hence the name change.

View attachment 481126View attachment 481127
You have N. Nice! I wanted an N but I have to share with my teenage daughter and she refuses to learn a stick. I want to put that wing on mine.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You have N. Nice! I wanted an N but I have to share with my teenage daughter and she refuses to learn a stick. I want to put that wing on mine.

Yes sir! It's a ton of fun. I'm sure you could easily find the wing on an aftermarket site.

I suppose it's too late now but the Rev Matching feature makes shifting a breeze. The 2021 versions are going to have an automatic, which I probably would've gone for if I knew it was coming. Oh well!

Phroobar

Yes sir! It's a ton of fun. I'm sure you could easily find the wing on an aftermarket site.

I suppose it's too late now but the Rev Matching feature makes shifting a breeze. The 2021 versions are going to have an automatic, which I probably would've gone for if I knew it was coming. Oh well!
I might tweak the computer to do the crackle on shifts. We both love that car.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Space Mountain is SAFE!

View attachment 481080
I'd vote for you but what is your stance and unPCifying Pirates of the Carribean back to its original glory? Stance and removing constance from the Haunted Mansion and doing away with Haunted Mansion Holiday? and whats your stance on Falcon Ramps?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'd vote for you but what is your stance and unPCifying Pirates of the Carribean back to its original glory? Stance and removing constance from the Haunted Mansion and doing away with Haunted Mansion Holiday? and whats your stance on Falcon Ramps?

We would bring Pirates of the Caribbean back to its former glory! That I can promise you!

George Lucas on a Bench

I never understood how they got the changes to POTC so wrong. If elements had to go like undies girl in the barrel and her perverted friend, they should have just put something awesome like the DLP swordfighting pirates.

The MS Paint concept art for the new auction scene was the best indication the Imagineers tampering with Pirates at this point have no business touching it.

SuddenStorm

I never understood how they got the changes to POTC so wrong. If elements had to go like undies girl in the barrel and her perverted friend, they should have just put something awesome like the DLP swordfighting pirates.

The MS Paint concept art for the new auction scene was the best indication the Imagineers tampering with Pirates at this point have no business touching it.

Remember- it's the same WDI that brought us Chase a Baby!

And they're now about to completely reimagine Splash Mountain. Shudder

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
From what
From what I've read it is a computer setting. It can be done on a regular turbo too. My son did it to his 350z.

Whoops I apologize, for the Veloster N it pops from the factory due to the anti lag turbo setup. So I can see what you're saying. Go for it! It's so much fun to hear the backfire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom