• Yacht club

• Polynesian

• Grand Floridian

• Contemporary

• Swan

• Dolphin

Results are only viewable after voting.

riverscu0m0

My husband and I stayed at the GF for honeymoon, as well as the Beach Club. GF was spectacular - they upgraded us to Concierge Level and gave us a view of the Castle. (I cried.) Beach Club's proximity to Epcot, as well as the pool, was fantastic.

But last year, we stayed at the Boardwalk, and I can't put my finger on it - it was literally amazing. I don't know EXACTLY why - of course the CMs were so nice, the room was right down the hall from the lobby/bus stop/Boardwalk, the walk to Epcot was short....everything was lovely. But it just gave us a ... feeling. Is that weird?

Does anyone else feel that way? There's just a FEELING you get from the resort?

EXACTLY how I feel about the Boardwalk. Something about it feels so home-y to me. It felt wrong when we stayed at the BC last trip, it felt like I was cheating.

xcrunxc

Boardwalk is my favorite by far. It really all comes down to the location. Being able to walk to DHS and Epcot is what makes the Boardwalk really stand out to me. We love to go right to Epcot when we arrive, and a five minute walk to the International Gateway entrance really can't be beat.

At the end of the day, we often return to the room and sit on the balcony looking out over crowds walking around the boardwalk as we wind down from our day in the parks.

Just thinking about it makes me want to go back "home". Only 65 days until I am there!

HauntedMansionFLA

Boardwalk is my favorite by far. It really all comes down to the location. Being able to walk to DHS and Epcot is what makes the Boardwalk really stand out to me. We love to go right to Epcot when we arrive, and a five minute walk to the International Gateway entrance really can't be beat.

At the end of the day, we often return to the room and sit on the balcony looking out over crowds walking around the boardwalk as we wind down from our day in the parks.

Just thinking about it makes me want to go back "home". Only 65 days until I am there!
Curious - how long was the bus transportation to MK and DAK? Do you share busses?

HauntedMansionFLA

Boardwalk shares a bus with the Swan and with the Dolphin. Travel time to both MK and DAK between 15-20 minutes.
Thank you so much for all of you information that you shared with me. We have always stayed at AKL and wanting to try another resort. Monorail or EPCOT area resort? At least there are beautiful resorts to pick from. My buddy loves BW ( his home away from home)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you so much for all of you information that you shared with me. We have always stayed at AKL and wanting to try another resort. Monorail or EPCOT area resort? At least there are beautiful resorts to pick from. My buddy loves BW ( his home away from home)
My pleasure! It is a difficult decision when deciding MK vs. Epcot area resorts...so many pros for each!

I have been blessed to have stayed at all deluxe resorts and each one has been special to me in a unique way. Not once have I ever thought, "Nope, won't stay there again."

Innkeeper's Club

Boardwalk shares a bus with the Swan and with the Dolphin. Travel time to both MK and DAK between 15-20 minutes.
Just wanted to add that at least in my experiences is the Boardwalk has been 1st location where everyone is picked up and dropped off at. The Swan was the 2nd stop and the Dolphin was the 3rd stop.

Also as of December 2014 after the 2:00 PM the Downtown Disney Bus for the Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin no longer shares with the Yacht Club and Beach Club. In the past all five resorts would share that bus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom