Volcano Hotel

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The site that shall not be named is reporting a possible volcano hotel either on the land between the Contemporary and the TTC or an in-park hotel behind the Jungle Cruise/Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm assuming this is hogwash and/or click bait mainly because @marni1971 noted a while back that the land between the TTC and the Contemporary is unsuitable for building.

Anyone got anything on this?

TeriofTerror

The site that shall not be named is reporting a possible volcano hotel either on the land between the Contemporary and the TTC or an in-park hotel behind the Jungle Cruise/Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm assuming this is hogwash and/or click bait mainly because @marni1971 noted a while back that the land between the TTC and the Contemporary is unsuitable for building.

Anyone got anything on this?
We already have the Polynesian. Wouldn't this theming be a little... redundant?

Kman101

They're also still insistent Tron coaster is being built so "two coasters" (meaning Tron cancels out the supposed volcano coaster) won't be built. I just have to laugh at the clickbait they came up with.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1. That Site says there's a volcano roller coaster rumor buzzing about. Well, we've already determined that it was a once long-ago idea resurrected recently by Jim Hill as the only source. So, no, it hasn't been buzzing about as if people in the know are talking about it. One person talked about it and then it resonated in the echo chamber.

2. That Site says that the Volcano Coaster probably morphed from the idea of Volcano Resort. AFAIK, it's the other way around.

3. The land behind PotC isn't completely usable according to @marni1971 because of sink holes. You have to build something smaller around the sink holes, so, that's not a likely spot.

4. The other land they propose is the spot where the Venetian hotel was supposed to go, but, AFAIK, it didn't get built because the ground there wasn't suitable.

So....

ToTBellHop

1. That Site says there's a volcano roller coaster rumor buzzing about. Well, we've already determined that it was a once long-ago idea resurrected recently by Jim Hill as the only source. So, no, it hasn't been buzzing about as if people in the know are talking about it. One person talked about it and then it resonated in the echo chamber.

2. That Site says that the Volcano Coaster probably morphed from the idea of Volcano Resort. AFAIK, it's the other way around.

3. The land behind PotC isn't completely usable according to @marni1971 because of sink holes. You have to build something smaller around the sink holes, so, that's not a likely spot.

4. The other land they propose is the spot where the Venetian hotel was supposed to go, but, AFAIK, it didn't get built because the ground there wasn't suitable.

So....
What I'm understanding from your argument is that they are absolutely building two Volcano Resorts, one replacing Pirates and the other replacing the Contemporary Garden Wing.

Did I get it right?

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Whilst I've heard nothing specific, something did pop up a few weeks ago that could be linked to a new resort in the MK area. It's all a little vague still and doesn't - to me at least - seem likely at the moment.

But it did remind me of a plan near the Contemporary from the 90s.

Eisner's plans for the Mediterranean Hotel being revived?

Seabasealpha1

What is with all the Volcanoes!

(Samuel L Jackson) ..."I've had it with these"...

(Exchange SNAKES with VOLCANOES and PLANE with THEME PARKS and add extra emphasis to the naughty bits...)

as a side note...I think the Persian resort would just be lovely...I could never afford to stay in it...without selling a kidney or my first born...but wouldn't that be nice...? The resort...not selling my kids...or kidneys... That would suck. Probably.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom