Volcano Bay questions

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Our first park day will be at Volcano Bay and I have a few questions:
1. Can we purchase Freestyle cups there that will be good in all the parks?
2. I purchased the photo package. Is there somewhere inside Volcano Bay to activate it?
3. Can we enter early to check in to our cabana like you can at the Disney water parks?
4. Will I be able to carry my waterproof camera with me on the raft rides? I don't necessarily want to take pics while on the rides, I just like to carry my camera to get pics of the queues and scenery.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

JoeCamel

2. I purchased the photo package. Is there somewhere inside Volcano Bay to activate it?
3. Can we enter early to check in to our cabana like you can at the Disney water parks?
4. Will I be able to carry my waterproof camera with me on the raft rides? I don't necessarily want to take pics while on the rides, I just like to carry my camera to get pics of the queues and scenery.

I have not been but the best advice I can give you is to go over to Orlando Informer and search their VB pages. They have exhaustive coverage of all things Universal in Orlando. If you don't find the answers ask them. Really know their stuff from experience

ColinP29

3. We go in October and I was reading up on it. If you stay on Universal property you can get in early but they won't let you in if you have a cabana. Just have to queue with the rest of the crowds unfortunately.
4. Not allowed any types of Go-Pro's etc on majority of rides. Fixed (wrist or chest) cameras only on a few. Would be surprised if they allowed you to just hold a camera on any of them.

lebeau

1. Yes. They have a different design than the cups in the other parks but the VB Freestyle cups work the same as the others.
2. We activated ours in the dry parks, but I would think there would be a location inside VB. You might want to call Amazing Photos directly and ask. Don't call Universal. They don't usually know what's going on with the photo packages.
3. Onsite guests get early admission. Cabanas do not include this perk.
4. Officially, no. But enforcement is case by case. You will have a locker as part of your cabana. You should store your camera there when you are riding attractions. There will be plenty of time for photography in between slides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom