Voice of Mother on COP

DznyRktekt

Original Poster
I was listening to Live365 and heard some audio from the Carousel of Progress. Is the voice of the mother the same as the one heard in the beginning of Spaceship Earth...the safety announcer? Is her voice heard on other WDW attractions?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think the mother is B.J. Ward... as the CoP and SSE`s audio would have been being re-recorded at the same time it`s not impossible.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think the mother is B.J. Ward... as the CoP and SSE`s audio would have been being re-recorded at the same time it`s not impossible.
You "think"? Come on Martin you can do better that that. I want names, recording studio locations, what she was wearing when it was recorded, what kind of car she drove to the studio etc etc.:lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
You "think"? Come on Martin you can do better that that. I want names, recording studio locations, what she was wearing when it was recorded, what kind of car she drove to the studio etc etc.:lol:
you beat me to that kind of response!

good job masta'. yey, come on martin.

:D

mharrington

This is kinda unrelated to the topic, but did you know that the voice of the grandmother is voiced by Janet Waldo? She was the original voice of Judy Jetson.

DznyRktekt

Original Poster
yeah, its B.J Ward, heres some of her voicework on her webpage http://www.bjwardnow.com/index.php, If im not mistaken I think she did the undersea teachers voice for Horizons as well. But not sure.

Come to think if it...the teacher's voice in Horizons does sound similar. The Disney geek in me wants to see a table with who did what, and when. I wonder if there was ever a Disneyland attraction back in the day that Paul Frees was not a part of. :lol:

I meant to say...the teacher's voice in Horizons DID sound similar.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
*reading bio* hmmmm, former playboy bunny huh?

interesting
Man, I really need to get my priorities straight. I completely missed the Playboy bunny thing and noticed that she has done a bunch of voice work for several of the Star Trek video games and TV shows as well as the voice of Scarlet from GI Joe.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Man, I really need to get my priorities straight. I completely missed the Playboy bunny thing and noticed that she has done a bunch of voice work for several of the Star Trek video games and TV shows as well as the voice of Scarlet from GI Joe.
well, i think that admitting the problem is the first step. welcome back masta'

:D

sadly, that word jumped out at me and i really missed all the other details except the vision of the bunny thing mixed with opera. hey, i might actually attend one if that was the case.

MiceysBestPal

As for the men, the present voice of the host (and the "father" on-stage) is Jean Shepherd, author and narrator for the perennial
favorite "A Christmas Story" (you'll shoot your eye out!)

The original actor Walt chose for this part was Rex Allen, Sr. who also quite ably narrated most of Disney's "animal films" in the 60's, and who was also a prominent "Cowboy Film Star" in the 50's.
Rex Sr.'s voice is currently that of the Grandfather in the final Christmas vignette of the present CoP. (When I first heard that voice I nearly broke down... what a beautiful tribute to the original show!)

A third voice that's prominently featured is "Uncle Orville" ("No privacy at'all around this place!")
He is voiced by the great Mel Blanc, Sr. (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, Marvin the Martian... all the WB classic voices AND Barney Rubble!)
Mel is also the voice of the Parrot in another of the CoP scene.
These Mel Blanc tracks were actually lifted FROM the original audio used in the first CoP and, again, is an elegant nod to Walt's creation.

Alas, all three of these wonderful "voices" have passed on... but we can still enjoy their inimitable work in the CoP.

Cmdr_Crimson

A third voice that's prominently featured is "Uncle Orville" ("No privacy at'all around this place!")
He is voiced by the great Mel Blanc, Sr. (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, Marvin the Martian... all the WB classic voices AND Barney Rubble!)
Mel is also the voice of the Parrot in another of the CoP scene.
These Mel Blanc tracks were actually lifted FROM the original audio used in the first CoP and, again, is an elegant nod to Walt's creation.

Also for the third installment of CoP The Son at the final sequence is Noel Blanc. An homage to his dad Mel Blanc.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I am ashamed to admit that the first time I heard her the COP audio on Live365, I recognized her immediately as the voice of Scarlet on G.I. Joe. Yes, I grew up in the 80's.

gossame1

Mel Blanc and Carousel Of Progress....

Hello Gang,

Another interesting thing is that those two characters (Uncle Orville, and the parrot), were the only voicings that Mel Blanc had recorded for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom