VMK is back!?

VMK

Original Poster
So I just saw this web site call "OpenVMK" and it is a site made by a group of people trying to bring back VMK. (At least that's what it says) I don't know if it's real or not, but I think I've seen people in the forums say alpha has already started.

PS. I didn't really know where else to put this. Also this is my first post, hi! LOL

Marc Gil

It says on the homepage that it's closed. If this is real, then it really is a dream come true! I miss this game so much!

VMK

Original Poster
It says on the homepage that it's closed. If this is real than it really is a dream come true! I miss this game so much!
From what I understand sign ups for alpha are over. If you wanted to play the alpha then you would have to sign up for a waitlist, and you can't sign up for it anymore. However, if you have Google chrome then you can pre sign up for the game right now for when it comes out this summer.

cba

How do I sign up to be on the list @VMK. I have Google chrome. I went on the website and it said that the game was closed.

VMK

Original Poster
The sign ups for the list was for one day only, I didn't even get on it. But you can pre-sign up for the game, so then you can play right away when it opens. To do that just click the button that says "Game Closed" and then it will ask for your birth date and name.

VMK

Original Poster
Were you even able to get on the site? Or was that when you clicked the play now button? Because the site has down time.

cba

Were you even able to get on the site? Or was that when you clicked the play now button? Because the site has down time.
I was able to get on the site, but I got a message saying "Page not Found" when I clicked "Play Now".

VMK

Original Poster
Yeah, as I said I don't think you have a problem, because other people are having the same problem. They say just to give it time.

Marc Gil

I just joined their Forums. The site still seems a bit fishy, but I'll wait patiently (I've been waiting for 5 years!) We'll see what happens from here. I'm not getting my hopes up though I have been seeing some YouTube videos of testing and it seems pretty legit.
Check it out for yourself:

I literally almost shed a tear...

PUSH

Who's doing this? I'm assuming it's just a fan of the game who wants to relive it. If that's the case, wouldn't there be copyright laws that this individual is violating?

I do hope it comes back, though. I loved that game.

Marc Gil

Who's doing this? I'm assuming it's just a fan of the game who wants to relive it. If that's the case, wouldn't there be copyright laws that this individual is violating?

I do hope it comes back, though. I loved that game.
From what I know, it's been in development since 2011 by a teenager. Some more people helped build the site since then and it's progressing quite nicely. But I'm pretty sure what he's doing is illegal... It says it'll open this summer, so I'm keeping my eyes on this one! It's really the only VMK remake that I've seen that has potential.

PUSH

From what I know, it's been in development since 2011 by a teenager. Some more people helped build the site since then and it's progressing quite nicely. But I'm pretty sure what he's doing is illegal... It says it'll open this summer, so I'm keeping my eyes on this one! It's really the only VMK remake that I've seen that has potential.
I'm skeptical about a lot of this (I read a bunch of the forums.) It definitely is under construction, but I think there will be a lot of glitches.

VMK

Original Poster
Well guys and trash cans. The game is real, (I'll bet my life on it) but the only thing is if Disney found out about this then they would be able to shut it down. The reason why there are adds on the site is so to advertise Disney so they wont come after them. So really the people making the game/the community are just hoping that Disney wont shut them down.

Thrill

I'm skeptical about a lot of this (I read a bunch of the forums.) It definitely is under construction, but I think there will be a lot of glitches.

Glitches should be kept to a minimum. Evidently, they brought in someone who knows how to reverse engineer the original game. Before, they were working from scratch in HTML5, which could have been a nightmare.

As for the game's legitimacy, it's being worked on. Whether a cease and desist letter will be sent their way, it's possible, but I'd bet that Disney ignores it. The media backlash that could come out of a cease and desist is probably not worth the gain of pretty much nothing that comes with closing the game down.

Meanwhile, Club Penguin remakes run rampant while the game could still be collecting subscription money...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom