Vivo Italian Kitchen

71jason

Original Poster
Got a chance tonight to try the newly opened Vivo Italian Kitchen in CityWalk, formerly Pastamore.

Overall it reminded me of one of one of those yuppie Italian restaurants every city seemed to get in the 90s. I don't mean that as an insult, really, but that is the vibe. Lots of open spaces, simple lines, mostly black and white. Not kitschy at all, as opposed to almost everywhere else in CityWalk--in fact, this feels more like a "date night" place than a theme park restaurant. Kind of a refreshing break.

The menu was fairly basic Italian, almost everything is a dish you've heard of (e.g. lasagna, spaghetti bolognese, chicken parm, the exceptions being the squid ink pasta and some pear-stuffed pasta), but the food was still delicious and freshly made. I may have had Carbonara 30 different places, but this was one of the tastiest; certainly the best I can remember in Florida. Portions are reasonable, if not so large you'll take half home for dinner tomorrow like some of the national chains. And prices are spectacular. Pasta dishes ran $13-$15, other entrees into the $20s. Annual Passholders even get a discount on that.

Sat at the bar, service was exceptional. Friendly, recommendations on food, wine and dipping oil poured--a level of service I wouldn't expect at such a relatively low price point.

Ultimately Vivo feels more like a signature Disney restaurant than a CityWalk restaurant, only at a fraction of the price. To be honest this was the expansion outlet that interested me the least, but I've been very pleasantly surprised. I see myself returning here often, even on days I don't plan on visiting one of the parks.

HLauburn

I think so, tho honestly Margaritaville and Hard Rock are probably more fun at that age.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, Margaritaville is out (we had a bad food allergy experience there). Trying to convince DD to try HRC, but she doesn't like the idea of a "loud" place. She's become quite the little foodie-in-training :) so her tastes are more aligned with Emerils and Mythos and far away from kids menu chicken fingers and hamburgers!

Since it's her 10th birthday, I wanted to try somewhere we wouldn't usually go...ideally somewhere fun and with good food!

Thanks again for the reply!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom