Visiting a park as a group, splitting, and getting back together

RobUK

Bit of a random one this, and I struggled to think of a better title than I did, but does anyone have any advice on visiting as a group containing people that may not all want to go to the same places within a park?

For example, I’m trying to get a family trip organised for a year or two and there is going to be 3-4 different generations of people... all of which are going to be wanting to do different things, experience different attractions, and operate at different paces. Has anyone experienced this and, genuinely, what is the best way to deal with it?

I haven’t even considered that we may not all want to go the same parks on the same days - I shudder at the thought!

aliceismad

It just got to be exhausting sometimes. Alas, they now remember those trips very differently than I do. At times they were fun, but touring in a small group is just easier.
And your entire post is why I personally really prefer to do WDW in a small group. I hate to be cynical, because I know a lot of families love it and have a great time. But it really doesn't work for some of us, even with good intentions. We've done a few cruises, which seem a bit better but there were fewer expectations. And DLR a few times, some trips better than others. Maybe because there seemed to be less pressure on someone driving a schedule and it being 100% magical 100% of the time. :)

Upvote 0

MickeyLuv'r

I should maybe add, it helps to know your group and be honest (to yourself) about their personality. If everyone is a roll-with-it type it works.

On the other hand, just one person constantly whining about something like how WDW costs too much can really bring down the fun level. Physical fitness can also be an issue. Electric scooters can be a lifesaver if someone has mobility challenges. If, on the other hand, someone isn't willing to admit they have physical limitations, that can be a considerable challenge. For that matter, other health issues can really come into play as well, like ride phobias, food anxiety, travel phobias, and any conditions people are reluctant to discuss.

Oh, alcohol preferences are another factor to consider when planning for a bigger group. Again, touring is easier when everyone's roughly on the same page.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom