Visa Cardholder Room/Package Discount - Winter/Spring 2020

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Hello there! Can anyone please refresh my memory on this particular discount? I can't seem to remember what resorts were part of this discount. I remember it being around 35% for the Deluxe and 25% for Moderates but do remember it being only a handful for resorts. (I want to say the Yacht Club was one of them)

Thanks in advance!!

TJ

LeighM

You can find historical data for room discounts and dates released on the MouseSavers webpage. I use that page often to remind myself when a specific time frame discount will be released. I know the resorts with discounts offered change each year based on how booked the resort is. A few years ago, a few years ago Riverside was included but then it wasn't the following year. Last year, I know it was offered at Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach. I didn't check on the values or deluxe resorts. I'm waiting to see how room discounts for next year will be affected by the opening of Galaxy's Edge. Especially the resorts in the Boardwalk area and Skyliner resorts, since they have such an easy commute to HS.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You can find historical data for room discounts and dates released on the MouseSavers webpage. I use that page often to remind myself when a specific time frame discount will be released. I know the resorts with discounts offered change each year based on how booked the resort is. A few years ago, a few years ago Riverside was included but then it wasn't the following year. Last year, I know it was offered at Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach. I didn't check on the values or deluxe resorts. I'm waiting to see how room discounts for next year will be affected by the opening of Galaxy's Edge. Especially the resorts in the Boardwalk area and Skyliner resorts, since they have such an easy commute to HS.
Thanks for the response! You make a good point, I am not sure which resorts will be included this year because of the skyliner and Star Wars. The Yacht Club was always a nice one at 35%, but maybe they shift to other resorts like Wilderness and Port Orleans? I guess I'll have to wait until late September to find out. Is there any advantage to booking with the rack rate now and when the discount is live, apply it to an existing reservation that way I can guarantee a room?

Upvote 0

LeighM

I now book a room somewhere in advance at rack rate so that I am guaranteed a room. Then, when discounts are released, I just go into my reservation and modify it to the discounted rate or switch to a resort that offers one. Last year, I was glad I had a room as a back up in case we didn't go on the cruise, because by the time we knew what we were doing with the cruise, the only rooms available for that week at WDW were the expensive suites and some rooms at the All Star values. In the past, I never booked at WDW without a discount because the thinking was that Disney wouldn't offer a discount at a resort that was already fully booked at rack rate. But things seem to be changing and people still seem to be coming to WDW despite price increases and there is a huge question mark about Galaxy's Edge since the predicted crowds aren't there for this summer/fall. I booked a room this year as soon as the packages were released so that I could guarantee a cheaper standard room at a moderate resort in case there weren't many discounts offered for when I'm there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Can I just point out that Disney bases room discounts on available inventory. If you go ahead and book room type at rack rate that you hope to later get a discount on, you've effectively reduced the chances that a discount will be offered on that specific room type.

Unless it's a holiday period, you do not worry about FOMO (fear of missing out)

Your best bet is to wait until sales are announced and use an experienced Disney TA from @Kingdom Konsultant like my favorite Staten Islander @wannabeBelle.

Upvote 0

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Can I just point out that Disney bases room discounts on available inventory. If you go ahead and book room type at rack rate that you hope to later get a discount on, you've effectively reduced the chances that a discount will be offered on that specific room type.

Unless it's a holiday period, you do not worry about FOMO (fear of missing out)

Your best bet is to wait until sales are announced and use an experienced Disney TA from @Kingdom Konsultant like my favorite Staten Islander @wannabeBelle.
Thanks for the advice, I've done that in the past with success but I'm looking to book a trip in February at the Yacht Club but the room type I prefer isn't available (i'm guessing there's a conference that week) so I have to change my strategy or resort.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Thanks for the advice, I've done that in the past with success but I'm looking to book a trip in February at the Yacht Club but the room type I prefer isn't available (i'm guessing there's a conference that week) so I have to change my strategy or resort.

When are you going in February? Keep in mind that the Princess Half Marathon Weekend is February 20-23 next year. And Presidents Day is February 17th. Resorts will be busy and discounts will be few.

Upvote 0

LeighM

Besides various conferences, sport events, and Festival of the Arts, I can't think of anything else that would affect discounts. Besides Disney releasing the opening date of the final Galaxy's Edge attraction which will open early December.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
What room type were you looking at? Keep in mind that we do have clients that prefer certain resorts/room types that we notate and keep trying to get for them

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom