Virus question

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
Hey all! I've got some kind of virus and it's really tickin' me off. I have AVG Virus Protection but it can't seem to find it. The virus causes Google and a few other major search engines not to work at all, or atleast not properly! I love my google so I really want to figure out how to get rid of this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

Number_6

I have McAfee for my virus protection and McAfee Firewall. Very little gets onto my computer with those and the few things that do are mostly harmless and able to be eliminated on a virus scan. You might want to look into getting it.

tigsmom

I switched over to McAfee two years ago because too many things were getting thru Norton. You can do a free scan and see what is there. :wave:

dandaman

^I'm having a virus problem, too. (Actually, 6000 Adware programs and 5 Trojan Horses...) So, does the McAfee Virus Scan also get rid of the viruses, or just inform you that you have them on your computer?

tigsmom

dandaman said:
^I'm having a virus problem, too. (Actually, 6000 Adware programs and 5 Trojan Horses...) So, does the McAfee Virus Scan also get rid of the viruses, or just inform you that you have them on your computer?

The Free scan just tells you what is there (or so I've been told). To remove them you will need to purchase the program. Its not that expensive and does a good job and updates frequently. I have not had any problems since I have installed it.

You might want to install Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal to help get rid of some of the other stuff you have. I run mine at least once a week and my McAfee nightly.

Click Here for Ad Aware

Tim G

Funny, we use EZ-Antivirus from Computer Associates... and never had any virus...
No junk from Norton, mcafee or AVG...
Not too expensive... Great compact program, daily automatic updates... $19.95
and most of all it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast... very fast!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have Virus Scan, ad-aware and window washer that I know of on my computer. My husband works at INTEL and takes care of all of my IT problems and when he can't figure something out we call a friend of ours who actually owns the server that my site is on. He is an IT genious!

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom