Virgin Megastore signage removed and replaced with Celebrate Today

NMBC1993

I saw those signs the other day when I went to see UP. I thought to myself..."ok so they close PI but they make 2 new giant signs to promote it?"

lazyboy97o

I saw those signs the other day when I went to see UP. I thought to myself..."ok so they close PI but they make 2 new giant signs to promote it?"
It gets weirder. I know the Walt Disney World website is not the best place to find accurate information, but on the Shopping and Dining pages the locations of Pleasure Island venues has been changed. Curl and Harley-Davidson are listed as being in "Downtown Disney". Raglan Road, Paradiso 37 and Portobello have descriptions mentioning Pleasure Island, but their listed locations are West Side, West Side, and Marketplace.

wilsonhanks

It gets weirder. I know the Walt Disney World website is not the best place to find accurate information, but on the Shopping and Dining pages the locations of Pleasure Island venues has been changed. Curl and Harley-Davidson are listed as being in "Downtown Disney". Raglan Road, Paradiso 37 and Portobello have descriptions mentioning Pleasure Island, but their listed locations are West Side, West Side, and Marketplace.

so I think it is safe to say that Downtown Disney is being led into the future by a blind schizophrenic psycho???:brick::eek::lookaroun:hammer::hurl:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well I think it's better than leaving it barren...as for the non-pleasure island location of the shops...its interesting, it seems like Disney really doesn't know what to do with the place, there's still tons of Pleasure Island signage everywhere.

teebin

This is the best of TDC. I applaud it. Cover up your weaknesses and put your best face forward. From those pictures, they succeed incredibly. If I were a tourist, I would think it was a facade for a maintenance structure.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
double_facepalm.jpg

Tom Morrow

To be fair, the Virgin Megastore closing had little to do with Disney... and mostly due to the fact that nobody buys CDs anymore, especially not at music store prices.

The signs are better than just having plain boarded up windows and construction walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom