VIP tours: Our world is your Kingdom

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
I recently saw an episode of "blackish" where the family gets a vip tour of the parks that allows them to skip all the lines. lol, so instead of raising prices on the masses, how about folks just start signing up for this beauty.

https://www.fodors.com/news/5-reasons-to-book-a-vip-tour-guide-at-disney-world-10619

Experience Disney Frustration-Free
The biggest perk of this package is simple: Because your VIP tour guide functions like an unlimited FastPass, you get to skip the lines. While you can't go directly to the first spot in line, your guides can walk you right to the FastPass line for every ride, essentially guaranteeing you won't wait longer than 15 minutes, even for rides that sometimes have a three-hour wait. What's more, you can do this over and over on your favorite rides.

Time Is Money
Although Disney VIP Guides are expensive, it pays to hire a guide and minimize the days you need to spend in the parks. Guests of Walt Disney World Resorts can hire a VIP Guide for $315/hour for a minimum of six hours. That means the minimum cost for a VIP guide is $1890 (not including the cost of tickets). You can, however, bring up to 10 people with one VIP Guide. Though not cheap, it is more economical than you may think, as you'll likely be able to squeeze more than one park into one day.

so if you gather up 10 folks to split the cost, maybe a way to skip the crowds.

I am Timmy

We saw a couple of these groups on our last trip - they didn't look all that happy. It looks like one guide goes in front, then another takes up the rear. So, if you are trying to get in line for a ride, and end up in the middle of this, the guide in the back says," excuse me, we need to be with those people up ahead". Then, you get 5 or 6 people passing you, along with the guide. This happened on BTMR, and when we got up to where the line splits, they went right and were trailing way out - my family went left and got way ahead of them - because they had to stay together. One man in the group dirty looked us every time he got near, only to have us shoot ahead and end up on the ride ahead of them. I'll just stick with touring myself.

SirWillow

Disney has offered these guides for years. CM's call them plaids because they operate through the guest relations office. No they aren't cheap, and as one hinted, one of the big problems is trying to get a larger group to agree on what to do.

There is a great book called "The Ride Delegate" written by a former WDW tour guide that gives some great stories and insights into some of the benefits, and problems, that the groups have. Whether it's worth it or not will depend on your budget and style of living.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
There is a great book called "The Ride Delegate" written by a former WDW tour guide that gives some great stories and insights into some of the benefits, and problems, that the groups have. Whether it's worth it or not will depend on your budget and style of living.
I've read it. I think it was worth what I paid for it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, anybody else notice that the thread I'm guessing partly inspired this one has been deleted? While I'm glad that the one guy isn't spouting his nonsense anymore, it's a little concerning to me that it happened right after someone else complained about how the mods were acting.

Perhaps it slipped your mind regarding #10 in the Terms of Service you agreed to...

10. If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom