VIP Tours and why a paid FP+ is coming

correcaminos

You sound just like me and my husband! Enjoy the tour! Exited to hear how awesome it was!
Will do. I'm amused because my husband was getting grumpy on food costs (it wasn't the actual cost but the value/taste) and he's willing to jump to this after complaining about price increases. Totally his idea too - though I've mentioned it a few years now lol
I called and tried to get one and they told me they were sold out for the next 45 days.......They said you can book at the 60 day window and they were selling out on the first day within hours......crazy that theres that much demand in light of the cost (reason for my OP)
Cannot say at 45 days out, but I called to get info a few days early about what changes were happening due to covid, and the day I called which was late afternoon, they still had slots for that day if needed. I was told they are selling out faster than in the past, but not in hours. The day I called for (a few days in since we have some staggered arrivals due to some working) I could have still picked any of the dates of our trip. Though some were filling up.

I did not ask how many slots total and if it is still reduced capacity though. They have always given me the "tours fill up fast" spiel when I've looked into it trying to convince my spouse to join along with the idea. Not sure how it normally books.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
Will do. I'm amused because my husband was getting grumpy on food costs (it wasn't the actual cost but the value/taste) and he's willing to jump to this after complaining about price increases. Totally his idea too - though I've mentioned it a few years now lol

Cannot say at 45 days out, but I called to get info a few days early about what changes were happening due to covid, and the day I called which was late afternoon, they still had slots for that day if needed. I was told they are selling out faster than in the past, but not in hours. The day I called for (a few days in since we have some staggered arrivals due to some working) I could have still picked any of the dates of our trip. Though some were filling up.

I did not ask how many slots total and if it is still reduced capacity though. They have always given me the "tours fill up fast" spiel when I've looked into it trying to convince my spouse to join along with the idea. Not sure how it normally books.
Thats great....I would like to try it once......If they do a paid FP, I will definitely do that, the cost to skip the lines is worth it to me.......We are staying in 3BR Grand Villa at BLT and one of the reasons I booked it was so we could get access to the 3 extra paid FP+ (but that obviously didnt work out)..........We are there this Thursday April 15 - Sunday April 25 and I called on March 10 to inquire about VIP tour and they told they were sold out for every day of my trip and were selling out for 60 days ahead

correcaminos

Thats great....I would like to try it once......If they do a paid FP, I will definitely do that, the cost to skip the lines is worth it to me.......We are staying in 3BR Grand Villa at BLT and one of the reasons I booked it was so we could get access to the 3 extra paid FP+ (but that obviously didnt work out)..........We are there this Thursday April 15 - Sunday April 25 and I called on March 10 to inquire about VIP tour and they told they were sold out for every day of my trip and were selling out for 60 days ahead
Bummer you missed out. I hope they add full capacity soon. Maybe summer isn't as busy for them at this time. I do know slots were tight, but not sold out yet. I did call right at 9 am though on day 60, but the days before I didn't want to bother them at opening the other day.

A nice touch is that 1 credit card guarantee can book multiple days if you are unsure which day. Then just cancel out piror. I wonder if they ever wait list or if you call 2 days prior if you can catch a cancelation

They are nice to work with though. Hours change, they'll adjust for you. Have a question? They reply quickly. The 5 page covid liability release form we'll sign makes me laugh though.

nickys

Premium Member
I called and tried to get one and they told me they were sold out for the next 45 days.......They said you can book at the 60 day window and they were selling out on the first day within hours......crazy that theres that much demand in light of the cost (reason for my OP)
Not all the Plaid guides were brought back, so they are running at reduced capacity.

I think a lot of people are treating themselves after 2020.

correcaminos

Not all the Plaid guides were brought back, so they are running at reduced capacity.

I think a lot of people are treating themselves after 2020.
I agree, provided they didn't take a major financial hit, many are treating themselves. I've seen a lot of my friends who once fully vaccinated are off spending on relaxing things or special items.

MurphyJoe

The big takeaway from this thread, at least for me, is there's not a chance in Hades Disney will offer up an all-you-can-ride FP package when VIP tours are this hot. The biggest package that'd realistically happen would be one FP entry per attraction at a significant premium.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
The big takeaway from this thread, at least for me, is there's not a chance in Hades Disney will offer up an all-you-can-ride FP package when VIP tours are this hot. The biggest package that'd realistically happen would be one FP entry per attraction at a significant premium.
They will, because people will pay for it.......Here's Disney Paris and I'd expect something very similar to this.....

Attachments

• 1618420976417.png
    1618420976417.png
    302.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

correcaminos

That's the thing, we're not sure if they are artificially "hot" because of lack of CMs or not. I don't think there will ever be an all you can ride FP package at all. Not at this point - and that had zero to do with VIP tours. I think they'd rather milk as much as they can with smaller packages or make you go all in with a VIP tour.

They will, because people will pay for it.......Here's Disney Paris and I'd expect something very similar to this.....

View attachment 548720

More of a caveat - comparing different locations isn't always the best idea. Different parks will do it differently. Disney world should've offered this years ago and didn't. Not to say it won't happen but just not wise to compare.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
That's the thing, we're not sure if they are artificially "hot" because of lack of CMs or not. I don't think there will ever be an all you can ride FP package at all. Not at this point - and that had zero to do with VIP tours. I think they'd rather milk as much as they can with smaller packages or make you go all in with a VIP tour.

More of a caveat - comparing different locations isn't always the best idea. Different parks will do it differently. Disney world should've offered this years ago and didn't. Not to say it won't happen but just not wise to compare.
I understand the logic and I understand every park is different. That being said, this "payment structure" would solve almost all of the problems that people have with FP+, those for and against it

Benjamin_Nicholas

VIP services let a ton of their people go during the early part of pandemic and many of them left the Orlando area altogether. The very small group they brought back are being slammed at the moment.

As they train and bring new cast members onto the program, that will ease up.

Touchdown

Did a VIP tour in March of 2020. Did it because I was with my parents, who hadn’t been to WDW in 10 years, were with me and we only had 2 days. I also pulled the trigger on this back in Nov 2019 when it was assumed Rise would be a part of this. The goal was to allow a full day at Epcot (my parents favorite park) get them on every new ride since their last visit and not have to wake up at the crack of dawn to drive from Ft Myers the first day.

Due to Ride not being a part of it it didnt go as well as planned but still went pretty well. Here’s what we did each day:

1. Woke up early to make sure we were in DHS prior to opening for Rise BG
2. Went to Sunset and got in the ToT line pre opening
3. Got BG 10-20 (can’t remember)
4. Rode ToT
5. Got summoned to Rise
6. Walked my parents around SWGE shops, and through TSL on our way out
7. Drove to the GF and parked our car
8. Rode the monorail to Epcot
9. Had a chill day at Epcot enjoying F&G, got on the important rides at Epcot, had dinner at Le Celier, saw Epcot Forever.

Day 2:
1. Breakfast at Crystal Palace
2. Had 2 hours to burn at MK for our tour to start
3. Did the Tiki Room
4. Did iasw
5. Did Philharmagic
7. Did Mermaid
8. Met up with guide for our 6 hour tour in the MK we rode (in order)
-SDMT
-HM
-BTMRR
-Splash
-PotC
-PPF
9. Went to the secret TL parking lot, boarded a suburban and went to AK the back way past the water treatment plant and on the perimeter road around and behind the park, parking at the employee lot by Pandora at AK we did:
-FoP
-NRJ
10. Finally headed to DHS, parking behind Racing Academy at DHS we did:
-RnRC
-ToT
-MMRR
-MF:SR
-Alien
-Slinky
-TSMM
9. Guide drove us to the Poly for our Ohana dinner
10. Went back to MK watched HEA
11. Rode the HM
12. Closed out the day with OUAT

Long story short, I’m glad I did it and would do it again if I found myself there with not enough time, but it will never be a regular part of a week trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom