Villas at the Grand Floridian price increase

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
I received an interesting email earlier today:

0415_dvc_q3offer_members_04.jpg

20131105_se_Invitation_36_spacer.gif
20131105_se_Invitation_36_spacer.gif

You can save $1,700 or more when you Add On at least 100 Vacation Points at Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas, Ko Olina, Hawai'i by June 24, 2014*.

Plus, you can lock in current pricing if you Add On by June 24, 2014, before the price per Vacation Point increases from $155 to $160 at Aulani, and from $155 to $165 at The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.​

At $165/point, Bay Lake Tower (BLT) was WDW's most expensive DVC to purchase.

With the Villas at the Grand Floridian (VGF) now raising its purchase price to match BLT, and with VGF having a much higher Maintenance Fee (MF) and points-per-night requirement than BLT (or any other DVC), it looks like VGF clearly has become the most expensive WDW DVC.

slappy magoo

I got that e-mail too.

Sales must have picked up.
Either that or DVC is adopting a "smile when you're losing" approach, acting as if VGF is high in demand, until people fall for it and actually start increasing demand. Like nightclubs that keep people out for a awhile after opening even though it's dead inside, people walk past, see the line, assume it must be a place worth waiting for, and get in line.

Or not, what do I know?

There may also be some timing in that it's happening after "Tax Day." People who were getting refunds they didn't know they were getting, or larger than they were assuming, may need some help spending all that extra cash.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Either that or DVC is adopting a "smile when you're losing" approach, acting as if VGF is high in demand, until people fall for it and actually start increasing demand. Like nightclubs that keep people out for a awhile after opening even though it's dead inside, people walk past, see the line, assume it must be a place worth waiting for, and get in line.

Or not, what do I know?

There may also be some timing in that it's happening after "Tax Day." People who were getting refunds they didn't know they were getting, or larger than they were assuming, may need some help spending all that extra cash.
I do think they priced VGF just below BLT so they could "increase prices" now. I think they probably have sales stats to support the fact that points sell when they announce a future increase. Nothing pushes someone off the fence like telling them the savings are for a limited time. Car dealers have been doing it for years.

dreamfinder

I'd love to get a big enough refund to be able to buy some add-on points. But then again, if the refund is that large, they can probably afford them anyways.....

slappy magoo

I do think they priced VGF just below BLT so they could "increase prices" now. I think they probably have sales stats to support the fact that points sell when they announce a future increase. Nothing pushes someone off the fence like telling them the savings are for a limited time. Car dealers have been doing it for years.
Perhaps, but at the same time, they put the point needs of people staying at VGF significantly above anywhere else on property. Even if the cost of the points is lower, if you have to buy more points to stay there (or buy fewer points, which means the points are more spread out amongst more owners because many DVC owners subsequently add-on at future dates), DVC still makes out really well. And now that the points are going up, you can raise the decibel level on the "KaCHING!" a few more decibles.

mammaminnie

I'm very happy that we bought our VGF points back in September when we were on the Fantasy.....got to take advantage of all of the onboard specials and got our points at a bit better price (better at least for VGF).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom