Villas at Disneyland Hotel opening September 2023

correcaminos

Scandinavia are quite big on “business hotels” where the room basically has room for a bed against the wall and a walk-in shower and toilet in the same cubicle.

I think there’s one of the major hotel chains in the U.K. which have similar rooms for people who,literally just want a bed to sleep on.
they are a bit common too in places like NYC where space is a premium. I wouldn't mind a small room for just me. When going even with one other, I really want more space myself.

BrianLo

I rather like the Duo studios rooms for going solo. They seem plenty big to me for that condition. They are much larger than a cruise ship room and a better layout that The RIV towers (whose bathrooms are almost too big relative to the room).

I think it also needs to be normalized for capacity. Sure Studios look comparatively spacious, but less so when you play against their max capacity of 5. For 2-3 in a Studio, 1 compares very well in a Duo Studio.

I also get that the micro studios defeat the original purpose of DVC, but for Disneyland frankly I think people are often after a hotel room equivalent on property. Without a doubt these things will likely be first to go, possibly even starting at 10 points a night in the off season while VGC starts at 17.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Okay a few things a Disboards user dug ip this week:

• Confirmed this property will have Riviera like resale restrictions
  • Confirmed that 4 studios and 2 pods have been cut since the original plan, and will now have 344 rooms
  • Confirmed that capacity is 5 for studio and 5 for 1 BR, although TBD on the actual bed situation (it’s unclear if the 5th in the studio is a pull down or BYO like it is in the BRV and BCV one bedrooms; 1BR diagram clearly shows the mini bed)
  • Confirmed that the average points per night will be similar if not identical to VGC.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster

• Confirmed that 4 studios and 2 pods have been cut since the original plan, and will now have 344 rooms
  • Confirmed that capacity is 5 for studio and 5 for 1 BR, although TBD on the actual bed situation (it’s unclear if the 5th in the studio is a pull down or BYO like it is in the BRV and BCV one bedrooms; 1BR diagram clearly shows the mini bed)
  • Comnfirmed that the average points per night will be similar if not identical to VGC.
I just found a thread there that suggests because of the points allocation that the points chart will be higher than VGC.

CastAStone

Premium Member
I just found a thread there that suggests because of the points allocation that the points chart will be higher than VGC.
Yeah for the preferred views and grand villas that appears to be true.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

• Confirmed that the average points per night will be similar if not identical to VGC.
Have they ever stated 5 when they meant "really 4 but we'll let you sleep on the floor if you really want"?

Side note, post-refurb, BRV is properly 5 now.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have they ever stated 5 when they meant "really 4 but we'll let you sleep on the floor if you really want"?

That’s when the WDW site says capacity is 4 but the DVC site says “bring your own bedding” for the 5th person. Ie: they only allow 5 for points bookings.

Since the documentation isn’t clear which it refers to I think people are erring on the side of caution. Also the fact that the photos or floor plans don’t show a 5th sleeper in the studios, whereas you can see it in the photos of the 1-beds (and it’s also on the floor plans).

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hopefully that really is for all rooms.

Unlike at SSR where a few 1-bedrooms didn’t have it added - possibly the HA rooms.

Or indeed at BRV where the top floor don’t have the wall beds because of the angle of the roof.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Awesome. I'd only use points there anyway so it'll depress the resale value compared to VGC and we'll eventually get in cheaper than we would have otherwise.

Regardless of systems I think a second DVC resort in California can only cause VGC prices to continue to drop, and considering VDH resale prices will settle below VGC I'm hopeful I'll own at a cheaper price than I would have imagined a year ago.

CastAStone

Premium Member
Awesome. I'd only use points there anyway so it'll depress the resale value compared to VGC and we'll eventually get in cheaper than we would have otherwise.

Regardless of systems I think a second DVC resort in California can only cause VGC prices to continue to drop, and considering VDH resale prices will settle below VGC I'm hopeful I'll own at a cheaper price than I would have imagined a year ago.
I totally agree. I’d love to pick up 50 or 60 points here someday. I’ve never had anything but good experiences staying on Harbor though so I don’t feel any need to pay $30K for a contract.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
The points charts are now out.

There is some analysis in this article. The key points seem to be:

- there are 7 seasons for VDH against 4 for VGC
- only studios have standard and preferred view, large villas only have preferred view
- some seasons &/or room types are cheaper at VDH, others at VGC

Also I hadn’t appreciated before (but it is not new info) that most studios do not have balconies. Only the garden view studios do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom