Villainsland in DHS, could it work?

WDWDad13

Original Poster
So with the recent mass crowd for the villains event at DHS and the rumor that Carsland is now off the table....could a Villainsland be an answer to fill that spot AND draw more of the teen-young adult age group Uni gets more of with thrill rides etc? With thrill rides like tower of terror and rockin roller coaster already there...a villains section of that theme park might just be something unique enough with tons of possibilities to help that park (along with Star Wars).

What are your thoughts

Disneyhead'71

DHS is the perfect park to offer a little more "edge" than elsewhere at WDW. As you point out, they are half way there already.

Also DHS is the park that is dropped first when people visit the other "studios" park in town.

luv

If Disney did it right, it could be very popular. :) No need to limit it to thrill rides, either. Uni doesn't have that many thrill rides.

Much, much better idea that Avatarland or Star Wars.

DHS seems like the best place for it.

But Disney is still focused on little kids and a villain land that was warm and cuddly would bore everyone except the tots.

stevehousse

Have always loved the idea of a themed Villians Land but I always pictured it at MK. I think it could work at DHS though...

Bald Mountain-water coaster where you join Mickey as he had to rescue Minnie from the villians.

Cruella DeVille Puppy Chase- think roger rabbits spin and the Monsters Inc hide and seek ride mashed together as you go spinning around London in Cruella's car in the snow trying to find the puppies!

Maleficent's Mayhem - dark ride where you follow Prince Phillip as he battles maleficents minions and then her dragon as the final battle...I think a cool mix of AAs and 3d screens almost like a transformers or Spider-Man type ride

Hades Underworld - new themed table service restaurant featuring villian character meal meet n greets

A sweets shop themed to Snow Whites witch...

The possibilities are endless...

Disneyhead'71

And just to be clear, when I say more "thrilling". I am not talking about bare mega steel coasters or spinning carnival rides. But things in the vein of ToT, Transformers, or Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Not Top Thrill Dragster.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So with the recent mass crowd for the villains event at DHS and the rumor that Carsland is now off the table....could a Villainsland be an answer to fill that spot AND draw more of the teen-young adult age group Uni gets more of with thrill rides etc? With thrill rides like tower of terror and rockin roller coaster already there...a villains section of that theme park might just be something unique enough with tons of possibilities to help that park (along with Star Wars).

What are your thoughts
Where did I miss that the rumored Carsland is no longer rumored to be on the table?

jt04

IMO "villains" would work for special events in combination with new permanent edgy attractions that compliment offerings such as ToT and RnRC. Perhaps they could start by simply bringing back AE. :eek:

SirLink

I keep hearing @Lee and Villains Village concept that they once floated ... ah what would have been at MK. Villains area sure - it would of made more sense to build it where NFL is and then they would of had a brand new Halloween entertainment for MK as well.

WDWDad13

Original Poster
I keep hearing @Lee and Villains Village concept that they once floated ... ah what would have been at MK. Villains area sure - it would of made more sense to build it where NFL is and then they would of had a brand new Halloween entertainment for MK as well.

I think it fits better in DHS than MK. Some little kids may be scared of villains and we all know DHS needs CPR at this point

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I still think a whole "gate" could house a villains vs. heroes concept. A whole park dedicated to fleshing out good vs.evil. The material in the "Disney Universe" is nearly infinite alone these lines. If it was a "land", it would fit best at the Studios as suggested.

*1023*

dipdee

Our whole family would love it if they did a villainsland. My husband said do the dark forest. My youngest son who is 15 roots for all villains!!!

afar28

A villains land would be awesome. A thrill ride of some sort, a dark ride, and then a 3rd ride would be great. That with some great theming, gift shops, and places to eat and that's some land. Add that in, a Star Wars land, and a ride or two in Pixar place and that fixes a lot of DHS's problems. Only thing is that it makes DHS's identity crisis even worse

AintNoOtherMan

There is no doubt that a villain land would be really cool and a huge success. I have a really good feeling Disney will build one. It's obvious that it would bring in LOADS of cash for them, and really help HS a lot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom