Villains Island at Magic Kingdom Idea

Parker41056

Original Poster
For years I've been hearing about multiple ideas and speculation about what to do with the increasingly popular Disney villains. Rumors have swirled from an entire new park dedicated to the villains to an entire land (Beastly Kingdom). Disney has even begun testing some extended special events and after hours promos featuring the beloved villains. I've put some thoughts together on what I consider a good medium ground and one that would really showcase these villains.

In this scenario, I would add a major expansion to the Magic Kingdom utilize some expansion pads to the north. The area would require some re-working of the Rivers of America and a possible facade around the train to hide this from this particular area. Bridges would also have to be constructed across the Rivers of America for better guest flow and access to the new land. This new new land would feature:

1) Maleficent's Castle: This new darker oriented castle would also house a not-so-scary walk through attraction along with a state of the art light, projection mapping sound, and fog nighttime show. The castle will also host the lands signature E-Ticket attraction were guests will be able to ride Maleficent in the form of a dragon through the beast kingdom. This attraction will utilize he same ride technology currently being used by Flight of Passage but with a next gen light, fog and sound package.

2: Villains Dark Ride: The lands second E-Ticket attraction will be a new new trackless dark ride that will utilize the same ride technology as the upcoming Tokyo Beauty and the Beast that features next gen animatronics. The show building will feature many lands/environments that inspired by an all-star line up of the most beloved villains including: Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmatians), Scar (The Lion King), Queen Grimhlide (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs), Mother Gothel (Tangled), Gaston (Beauty and the Beast), Hades (Hercules), Lady Tremaine & Stepsisters (Cinderella), Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland),Sid Phillips (Toy Story, and Ursula (The Little Mermaid). This area will also feature a meet and greet dedicated section

3: The Tom Sawyer Island and Liberty Square Riverboat would be re-themed to a Captain Hook attraction. This are would feature new boats along with an action/stunt scene towards the end of the experience where actors actually board the boats from smaller vessels.

4: Urusla's Spinner: At the center of the the land will be a rather rather large family flat where guests will board ride vehicles that are attached to Ursula's tentacles and will move up and down throughout the attraction.

5: The land will be completed with a dedicated villains merchandise shop and a quick service restaurant (debatable on whether or not a full table would be needed) . The land will also feature a daily Villians Parade that can only be seen from within the lands. I did leave an expansion pad available to the west of this proposal that could be utilized for another villains future attraction or for an expansion of Frontierland.

This was really fun to think about and to dream. What are you thoughts about this proposal? Do you have other ideas? Thanks for reading along!

aliceismad

Ugh. Yet another spinner? Don't we have enough of those? ;) (Not my opinion. Just channeling the irritation of others over the Magic Carpets and Aliens Swirling Saucers from other threads.)

I'd be interested to see how the Villains stuff plays out for younger audiences and how that impacts (or doesn't) Disney decision making.

Ghost93

I loved your proposal and would definitely want a villain expansion to the Magic Kingdom. I think we need a Maleficent castle. During the Halloween season, it could be used for scary walk-through events.

Maybe Maleficent's could be located in its own mini-land based on the Moors from Angelina Jolie's Maleficent movies (though I would still prefer the character to resemble her animated version).

Not sure how I feel about the Urusla spinners though. I think there are enough spinners in the park as is, and Ursula is already represented in the Little Mermaid ride AND your proposed E-ticket Villain ride. Maybe instead of the Ursula spinners, there could be a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction? That movie has proved to be enduringly popular, yet it has little representation in the Florida parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom