Villain Con (Minions) ride to replace Shrek 4-D (rumor)

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster

According to Alicia Stella's newest video and the Universal forums A Villain Con ride is replacing Shrek not Secret life of Pets. The ride would be trackless and could be similar to toy story mania. What do you guys think?

opshannon

According to Alicia Stella's newest video and the Universal forums A Villain Con ride is replacing Shrek not Secret life of Pets. The ride would be trackless and could be similar to toy story mania. What do you guys think?

I just watched the video, and she said that the trackless idea has probably been dropped and reimagined as a walkthrough experience.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
That's not what she said in the video. Also, your thread title reads as news, not a rumor. You should fix that.
I did and she said it is one of many proposals and according to the Universal Forums Universal is leaning to building the ride and having it be a trackless ride. It depends on the budget and what Universal decides.

Magenta Panther

Didn't the Kung-Fu Panda 3D attraction replace Shrek? I saw a video of that the other day. It's MUCH better than Shrek was IMO. Especially liked the preshow where various Dreamworks characters meet up and bicker with each other. Cute and clever.

As for the actual 3D part of the show, it's pretty good too. Needs more Tai Lung though. ;)

JT3000

Didn't the Kung-Fu Panda 3D attraction replace Shrek? I saw a video of that the other day. It's MUCH better than Shrek was IMO. Especially liked the preshow where various Dreamworks characters meet up and bicker with each other. Cute and clever.

As for the actual 3D part of the show, it's pretty good too. Needs more Tai Lung though. ;)
You must be thinking of a different Universal park. Shrek is still very much where he's always been at USF.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster

That's in Universal Hollywood. The one in Orlando is still open for now at least. The one in Orlando is supposed to close this year and be replaced by a Villain Con walk-through experience.

champdisney

Yeah I agree 100% I hope the Villain Con walk through will be pretty cool. It's rumored to have interactive experiences and possible animatronics and screens.
Yeah, I’m all for a Villains Con attraction, just not necessarily fond of the idea of it being a walk-thru experience. Universal Hollywood just opened up a kick-asz Secret Life of Pets dark ride. If anything, USF should follow suit and do something akin to Hollywood. Regardless of it being based off of SLOP or Villains Con, Universal needs (in my humble opinion) more dark rides and grounded ones at that.

However, should Universal still plan to utilize that space as multipurpose facility for HHN, then perhaps a walk-thru attraction is essential.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Yeah, I’m all for a Villains Con attraction, just not necessarily fond of the idea of it being a walk-thru experience. Universal Hollywood just opened up a kick-asz Secret Life of Pets dark ride. If anything, USF should follow suit and do something akin to Hollywood. Regardless of it being based off of SLOP or Villains Con, Universal needs (in my humble opinion) more dark rides and grounded ones at that.

However, should Universal still plan to utilize that space as multipurpose facility for HHN, then perhaps a walk-thru attraction is essential.
I agree I would rather see the Pets ride but it seems like it's not coming to Orlando yet at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom