Villain Con (Minions) ride to replace Shrek 4-D (rumor)

Tom Morrow

You could always just turn right. There is no "main direction."

The entrance plaza and archway frame that direction as the "main entrance", like MK's Main Street, Epcot's SSE, DHS's Hollywood Blvd, DAK's path to the Tree of Life/Discovery Island, and IOA's Port of Entry.

Once inside the archway, instead of being presented with a sculpted, picturesque vista like all the other parks, USF greets you with some gift shops and a street that's a total hodge-podge of aesthetics and themes. There's also a lot of visual clutter that does not compliment each other. For this reason USF has the worst park entrance of the Orlando parks, and I think this only makes it worse by detracting further from the "soundstage" theme that the Minions are taking over.

Rob562

Well I answered "Lava Zombies" before but I think there will be stations you are tethered to. Maybe electronically where your blaster only works if you are in the zone?

I hypothesized maybe the gun will be mounted/tethered to a moving handrail, forcing you to stay in one place. Though I'm a bit unsure of the mechanics of the rail going around corners...

-Rob

JT3000

Seriously. Shrek was a warehouse with a billboard on top. Universal Studios is not the place to go for beautiful, coherent theming.
I know what you mean.
Diagon_Alley_Dragon-1024x683.jpg

Tom Morrow

I really don't like that the first thing you see when you're through the gates in USF is two attractions with theming that consists of a little entry facade in front of a soundstage with billboards on it.

999th Happy Haunt

I mean… those buildings are themed to soundstages. It’s Universal STUDIOS, and this is still a real working production studio. The park has always been designed with you entering “backstage” and then finding the more detailed “sets” or lands around the lagoon. I get it’s not as pretty as Disney’s entrances or Islands… but it’s not supposed to be like those.

Sorcerer Mickey

I mean… those buildings are themed to soundstages. It’s Universal STUDIOS, and this is still a real working production studio. The park has always been designed with you entering “backstage” and then finding the more detailed “sets” or lands around the lagoon. I get it’s not as pretty as Disney’s entrances or Islands… but it’s not supposed to be like those.

Okay cool, I get it. But that theme sucks. Production studios are a collection of large warehouses. They don't have roller coasters looping above, around, and through them. They don't have museums or giant industrial military buildings. It's not even a functional studio like the one in Hollywood.

Bob Harlem

Okay cool, I get it. But that theme sucks. Production studios are a collection of large warehouses. They don't have roller coasters looping above, around, and through them. They don't have museums or giant industrial military buildings. It's not even a functional studio like the one in Hollywood.
It's still quite an active studio, although nowhere near as much as hollywood.

And this was just last week done through their production group (for the British TV show):

Last edited:

JT3000

It's not just a theme, it's literally a functional production studio. Not terribly active, but functional all the same. So I guess some DO have roller coasters! Even if they were to tear down the park's entrance and start over, the actual soundstages would still be sitting there behind the concert stage, because... they're actual soundstages.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Only an idiot can't frame their shots without getting HRRR in them. And it you REALLY wanted a long shot from the Lagoon down the NYC street, HRRR would be easy enough to erase in post.

Prince-1

Wrong on the functional studio part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom