Villain Con (Minions) ride to replace Shrek 4-D (rumor)

Cmdr_Crimson

They did have the walkaround character at that time…so he had some kind of representation in the park
True, however the Hollywood park did have the same shirt as well focusing on the attractions which Kung Fu Panda has...And it's just odd to see him there when he was hardly out..

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I don't know why Universal seemingly does not want to port over the Dreamworks theater from Hollywood. It would be a quick and easy transplant. I also have a theory that then new attraction Hollywood will get for 2023 will be a new film for the Dreamworks theater and it could debut at the same time if Orlando got the DW theater. But who knows. the Dreamworks experience in Kidzone could be a hint a Dreamworks land of some sort may be replacing that land and the DW theater could go in the Barney spot at some point.

The Visionary Soul

I’m here to confirm this rumor. It’s happening, but it’s not quite a walkthrough… it’s a moving walkway. Some how Universal thinks they have found a supplier who has successfully created a moving walkway that can turn corners with people on it. We will see. For those of you freaking out, the design of this new experience includes a black box space to continue using for a HHN house. That’s all for now.

Animaniac93-98

I’m here to confirm this rumor. It’s happening, but it’s not quite a walkthrough… it’s a moving walkway. Some how Universal thinks they have found a supplier who has successfully created a moving walkway that can turn corners with people on it. We will see. For those of you freaking out, the design of this new experience includes a black box space to continue using for a HHN house. That’s all for now.

Ripley's Aquarium has a moving walkway with turns through their shark tunnel (it's a longer, better version of the set up they have at SeaWorld Orlando). That's what I'm thinking about when I read this...

1641763038634.png

Cmdr_Crimson

And for anyone who wants to see a clear version of the Preshow..Cow Missing's Youtube has some decent source material

Preshow Sans Animatronics..

Theater Walk in Loop

Attraction Audio Announcements

And of course the Attraction itself...All you need is some one to shake the living snot of you in the most uncomfortable chairs you will ever be in...

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I assume the whole interior of Shrek will still be gutted. Any rumors on the timeframe of when this will open? Some think it will open in 2022 while some say 2023. And what theater will the new black box space be constructed in?

celluloid

What would the height requirement of a stand thru attraciton be? I would rather just put small seats on it as this would essentially be an omnimover without the vehicles that one could relax and hold babies in.

On the bright side, I guess capacity should be great and if it breaks down, it just becomes a walk thru.

Tom Morrow

I'm okay with a walkthrough, but, ugh... Minions.

Edit: seriously, what the hell are they thinking? How could anyone possibly care about this? The Minions films are a successful IP but NOT a cherished one. People watch them and then forget about them because they're just one in a huge grab bag of forgettable animated films of today. Unless the plan is to close the existing attraction, this is very low effort and lazy.

Last edited:

The Visionary Soul

I assume the whole interior of Shrek will still be gutted. Any rumors on the timeframe of when this will open? Some think it will open in 2022 while some say 2023. And what theater will the new black box space be constructed in?
No opening timeframe yet, but from what I understand, the overall project should take less than a year to complete from today, pending the moving walkway complications. The black box is already there, it’s not new.

The Visionary Soul

What would the height requirement of a stand thru attraciton be? I would rather just put small seats on it as this would essentially be an omnimover without the vehicles that one could relax and hold babies in.

On the bright side, I guess capacity should be great and if it breaks down, it just becomes a walk thru.
You won’t be holding babies, you’ll be holding a massive comically oversized gun.

celluloid

You won’t be holding babies, you’ll be holding a massive comically oversized gun.

Wrong. If it is a moving platform for standing or chairs to be parked on, I and many others will be holding their babies, while the others in my party will be holding massively oversized guns. If one can even bring a baby or toddler in.

Universal needs accessibility attractions. That is one strength Shrek 4D had even though tired. Most of the attractions from opening years had no height requirement and were gentle enough for a wide range of people to enjoy sans some typical sensory overload situations. That is why I brought the height requirement and style up when it was hinted it may be a standing moving platform. So it is going to be an interactive shooting experience that is a standing peoplemover with articulation for turns?

Interested to see how the guest experience side of this plays out. Here is hoping.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom