Villain Con (Minions) ride to replace Shrek 4-D (rumor)

jonnyc

Do we think they'll immediately start installing a replacement? If Mummy is going down for maintenance for 6+ months (as suggested in that letter) seems strange that they wouldn't keep Shrek ticking along till Mummy reopens for capacity, if they aren't doing something with the space straight away.

champdisney

I read from some insider that the space that currently occupies Shrek 4D will be demolished. Can't confirm the validation of "insider" info but if true, I'm guessing Universal is keen to building that SLOP dark ride that everyone who rode it at Hollywood seems to enjoy.

In the not so good look of things... I suppose Halloween Horror Nights will drop down to 9 houses starting next year?

Andrew25

I read from some insider that the space that currently occupies Shrek 4D will be demolished. Can't confirm the validation of "insider" info but if true, I'm guessing Universal is keen to building that SLOP dark ride that everyone who rode it at Hollywood seems to enjoy.

In the not so good look of things... I suppose Halloween Horror Nights will drop down to 9 houses starting next year?

They can easily find a new house location. Haunted Houses are smaller than most people realize

Sorcerer Mickey

SLOP would be great. UO is in dire need of a great family-friend dark ride, especially when Kidzone gets the boot in the near future.

champdisney

SLOP would be great. UO is in dire need of a great family-friend dark ride, especially when Kidzone gets the boot in the near future.
I agree with you 100% on this.

Though, I would've loved this SLOP dark ride over at IOA taking over the unused Toon Lagoon Theater. It would've been interesting to see what a SLOP would do for Toon Lagoon. However, it appears that the gears have shifted towards USF in which adding this attraction would ultimately benefit the park more.

They can easily find a new house location. Haunted Houses are smaller than most people realize
True. HHN has a year to figure it out. Regardless, Shrek 4D's second theater has always been useful for the event.

JT3000

They will try to stay at 10. They may or may not be successful. Hopefully they get approval to use the Blue Man soundstage, since I haven't heard any plans for a permanent replacement yet. Ultimately they need to find a way to incorporate that space back into the park though.

Nazerman's is probably too small at this point.

They might be able to plop down another Sprung tent somewhere, but I've no idea where.

The F&F queue might be an option. It's not like anyone else is using it. 😏

Andrew25

There's enough soundstages to put another one there, they can use the other half of the Beetlejuice parade building, tents are easy to place. Don't worry about it.

JT3000

There's enough soundstages to put another one there, they can use the other half of the Beetlejuice parade building, tents are easy to place. Don't worry about it.
The hardest part of adding a new house venue isn't finding an appropriate space for it, it's finding an appropriate space that you can route a large queue to & exit from without disrupting everything else. Adding another house to that parade building or even another tent would be much trickier than simply building it (and that's assuming the space isn't needed for parade floats.)

Last edited:

Andrew25

The hardest part of adding a new house venue isn't finding an appropriate space for it, it's finding an appropriate space that you can route a large queue to & exit from without disrupting everything else. Adding another house to that parade building or even another tent would be much trickier than simply building it (and that's assuming the space isn't needed for parade floats.)

Your right, but it's doable. I'm just trying to state that there's no need to worry about losing a house.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster

SLOP is not happening anytime soon and is not replacing Shrek. It's the Villain Con walk-through. Universal is going to add several small scale stuff until Epic Universe opens in 2024-2025.

BHF

The Shrek movie franchise was a strong one. I thought the first two films were excellent. The 3rd and 4th sequels, not so much. But a good, strong series no doubt. I did not think a mere 3D show was fitting for such an IP. Why couldn't Shrek have gotten something like this:

An immersive ride, not another put on your goggles and watch the screen attraction. Anyhow, it is what it is. The ogre deserved better, imo. Bring on whatever comes next.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
The Shrek movie franchise was a strong one. I thought the first two films were excellent. The 3rd and 4th sequels, not so much. But a good, strong series no doubt. I did not think a mere 3D show was fitting for such an IP. Why couldn't Shrek have gotten something like this:

An immersive ride, not another, put on your goggles and watch the screen attraction. Anyhow, it is what it is. The ogre deserved better, imo. Bring on whatever comes next.

I agree Shrek deserves a dark ride and a land. Maybe a replacement for kidszone or toon lagoon?

champdisney

SLOP is not happening anytime soon and is not replacing Shrek. It's the Villain Con walk-through. Universal is going to add several small scale stuff until Epic Universe opens in 2024-2025.
I've seen the same Theme Park Stop video as you did. So far, it is just a rumor. We shall see what comes nonetheless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom