Villain Con (Minions) ride to replace Shrek 4-D (rumor)

DKampy

Having to do research beforehand to understand the point of each room is bad design, not a skill issue :rolleyes:.

The other rides can be understood instantly through visuals because they make it clear what the targets are. TSMM also has a lot of visuals to aide you in each game's objective.
Correct… a successful rides intention should be anyone who rides from 80 year old Sylvia to 6 year old Suzy should be able to understand the concept and how to work it… otherwise it is a fail

sonoma15

I agree a pre show with explanation would help a lot
Personally I disagree with this because a pre-show would not allow people to have repeat rides on this as fast and it's designed for repeat rides, having to sit thru a preshow everytime I ride wouldn't be fun in my opinion. I think the first scene should've been longer and had a better explanation of what your suppose to do and also should've been more of a "tutorial". Both Toy Story Mania and Men In Black: Alien Attack have "training" scenes where it's just learning the basics and what to shoot at. I understand that they weren't able to do this here because of space issues but hopefully when USJ gets their Villain Con they'll consider doing this.

sonoma15

Shrek 4D was absolutely terrible, much worse than minion blast, and it's on Netflix. Shrek is getting his own mini-land anyways, so it'd be weird to have Shrek in two different areas of the park.

DonniePeverley

Shrek 4D was absolutely terrible, much worse than minion blast, and it's on Netflix. Shrek is getting his own mini-land anyways, so it'd be weird to have Shrek in two different areas of the park.

Point being - when you remove an attraction and replace it with something, the aim is to make it a better attraction.

In this case ... this seems a bizarre bit of strategy to actually make a worst attraction than the one you are replacing.

Tom Morrow

Something really strange is that they actually didn't use the second Shrek theater, the one that is normally used for HHN houses. I wonder if the intention was to still use it as an HHN house moving forward? But it's odd that this could have been a bigger experience but was crammed into half the structure.

JT3000

Something really strange is that they actually didn't use the second Shrek theater, the one that is normally used for HHN houses. I wonder if the intention was to still use it as an HHN house moving forward? But it's odd that this could have been a bigger experience but was crammed into half the structure.
That is the intention. With the potential for losing at least one Sprung tent in the coming years, it makes sense from a certain perspective, but not everyone will share the same priorities.

DonniePeverley

The obsession with HHN continues, at the expense of the experience of the parks. A total disgrace to harm your parks for a month's extra revenue.

Tom Morrow

The obsession with HHN continues, at the expense of the experience of the parks. A total disgrace to harm your parks for a month's extra revenue.

Two months*. It is by FAR their biggest revenue generator, so I get it. But at the same time, building an already sub-par year-round attraction even more sub-par than it could have been, simply because they can use the other half of the building for ONE HHN house even though they could easily just put another tent somewhere else is a little short-sighted.

999th Happy Haunt

Two months*. It is by FAR their biggest revenue generator, so I get it. But at the same time, building an already sub-par year-round attraction even more sub-par than it could have been, simply because they can use the other half of the building for ONE HHN house even though they could easily just put another tent somewhere else is a little short-sighted.
I mean it is a decently long attraction, not sure if you’d want to be standing on it for over 5 minutes.

sonoma15

Point being - when you remove an attraction and replace it with something, the aim is to make it a better attraction.

In this case ... this seems a bizarre bit of strategy to actually make a worst attraction than the one you are replacing.
That's like your opinion though, and I definitely disagree. I did Shrek 4D maybe once every 3 years and I make sure I do Minion Blast at least once every time I visit, and usually end up doing it multiple times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom