Video Taping on Universal Rides

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
I know your not supposed too. But what rides have you taped on and got away with? I'm thinking of sneaking my camera on some of the rides myself.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
LOL - with the current level of Universal staffing, I doubt they would even notice if you were doing handstands in a Spiderman ride vehicle! :)

Mikejakester

recording veteran

Name anything and I have it on video...extraterrorstrial,space maountain. terminator, back to the future, jaws, king kong was kind of hard but pulled it off , splash mauntain, thunder rail road, twister,earthquake, little mermaid, RnR, tower of terror, doug, I could not record who wants to be a millionare cuz the lady was next to me, back lot tour, start tours, everything, the only thing I did not record was the water rides and the rollercoasters like hulk and dueling dragons becuase my camara vas noticible and the ppl asked me to leave it whith them or in a locker, but Im planing to go in November and I have the new sony one thats really small, small as a picture camara. just put it in the pocket and take it out in the ride.... oh and while recording shows, be sure to put black tape in the little red light that lights up when recording, (good for indoor shows)
t

The only place that I got cought was in the Pirates of the Caribean, they have a staff watching over the boats in every coner hidden in a control room, and when they see you with a camara they ask you to turn it of with a loud speaker, it's kind of emberrasing too...:)

Mikejakester

really?

what are you gonna do about it?
I think you used the term illegal wrong...

you mean it's not allowed...nad you actually can record on the backstage tour...

who are you anyway?

sillyspook13

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I can do about it, except for wishing you would apologize for being so rude.

It is illegal to film the shows I mentioned due to copyright laws.

Who am I? Just another friendly neighborhood Disney cast member.:)

Mikejakester

I wassen't being rude, or at least I didin't mean too, but as i could recall last time i went to the backstage lot tour, it is not illigal in other words it is allowed to record, besides, it's not like Im gonna sell the video... or re make the show...it's just for me...

<SRH>

I think you can tape on the back-lot tour. They usually say that you cannot tape on the animation tour because of copyright issues.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You can use any kind of photography, video taping etc on the Backlot Tour (Tram Tour).

There is no photography allowed on the Soundstage portion of the Backstage Pass Tour.

There is no photography of any kind allowed on the Animation Tour.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Re: recording veteran

Originally posted by Mikejakester
Name anything and I have it on video...extraterrorstrial,space maountain. terminator, back to the future, jaws, king kong was kind of hard but pulled it off , splash mauntain, thunder rail road, twister,earthquake, little mermaid, RnR, tower of terror, doug, I could not record who wants to be a millionare cuz the lady was next to me, back lot tour, start tours, everything, the only thing I did not record was the water rides and the rollercoasters like hulk and dueling dragons becuase my camara vas noticible and the ppl asked me to leave it whith them or in a locker, but Im planing to go in November and I have the new sony one thats really small, small as a picture camara. just put it in the pocket and take it out in the ride.... oh and while recording shows, be sure to put black tape in the little red light that lights up when recording, (good for indoor shows)
t

The only place that I got cought was in the Pirates of the Caribean, they have a staff watching over the boats in every coner hidden in a control room, and when they see you with a camara they ask you to turn it of with a loud speaker, it's kind of emberrasing too...:)
how did u get so lucky to tape Alien Encounter?

sillyspook13

Originally posted by wdwmagic
You can use any kind of photography, video taping etc on the Backlot Tour (Tram Tour).

There is no photography allowed on the Soundstage portion of the Backstage Pass Tour.

There is no photography of any kind allowed on the Animation Tour.
That's what I meant. It's not allowed in the studio part of the tour.

Mikejakester

How to tape in rides.

what makes it so easy for me to record is that size of the camara...The camra that i used fits in my poket, what I did in alien encounter is when the rides started i took it out of my poker and placed it on my lap looking at the tupe, It really look as if I was holding it there, for the little red light that most camara have I put a little piece of black tape, or just put your finger over it... No one will noticed...

I bet you can Record on MIB, just the same way as alien encounter, Hold your camara in your lap and the gun in the other hand... I haven't recorded MIB tho...

The Mom

Premium Member
Mr Mikejakester, No cookies for you, No allowance, and a slap on the wrist!

Well, maybe not the slap on the wrist. Now play nice. ;)

The Mom

Premium Member
You spoke sharply to my "daughter", sillyspook. She responded in kind. Now play nicely, please.

I was out of town when it happened, or I would have said something sooner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom