Video of Backlot Trams abandoned in field

roj2323

So it's been like 2+ years since the ride closed, and these guys are still sitting in a field off Disney property. Not sure why they have not been scrapped, but they haven't. I was able to take this video with a drone.

Just looks to me like the trams are just going to turned back into trucks that will haul roll off containers. This isn't surprising or out of the ordinary as used trucks get repurposed all the time especially when they come from companies who maintained their equipment well.

Jwhee

Original Poster
Just looks to me like the trams are just going to turned back into trucks that will haul roll off containers. This isn't surprising or out of the ordinary as used trucks get repurposed all the time especially when they come from companies who maintained their equipment well.

Oh wow. That never came across my mind. Maybe that is true, thanks for sharing.

roj2323

Oh wow. That never came across my mind. Maybe that is true, thanks for sharing.
btw I'd be singing a different tune if the trailing cars of the trams were on site as well but I seem to recall pictures of them getting scrapped.

kap91

There's been some backlot trams in a junkyard by epcot since like the 90s. Not sure if this is the same lot though or if it's an increased amount.

lukacseven

Since 2005, If you walk from the Wonder lot along Woodpecker Rd. to Overpass Rd. (to marathon start line), there were backlot tour trams parked there. Over the years they red pain got progressively faded and some green stuff began to grow on the seats.

tissandtully

Is this out in Lake County, Astatula/Tavares area? I've seen some Disney vehicles show up at a shop or scrap place there over the years.

acassels

Not gonna lie, I really wish they had put them up on Ebay for public sale and use! I know it would have taken forever but imagine driving down the highway and seeing them!

EOD K9

Turns my stomach. The "production" aspect of Disney-MGM, streets of America, idealized 30's Hollywood and the backstage vibe are some of the core values that drew me towards the craft of design.
Exactly. Even though it was fake, it gave the feel of the Hollywood that never was, but you imagined it in your mind that way. You felt the SoA was really part of a back lot of a studio. I grew up in Brooklyn and of course had to take a picture on the steps of the brownstones when I first went to MGM in 1997. It looked real enough to me.

Acidsplat

I know that time is long and gone, and never really worked well even in the beginning, but I loved the theme of the park.

I still get a lot of nostalgia just looking at the lone tour bridge remaining between Toy Story and Soundstage 4.
It gets me curious what remnants are still in the Toy Story buildings from their soundstage and taping days.

roj2323

I know that time is long and gone, and never really worked well even in the beginning, but I loved the theme of the park.

I still get a lot of nostalgia just looking at the lone tour bridge remaining between Toy Story and Soundstage 4.
It gets me curious what remnants are still in the Toy Story buildings from their soundstage and taping days.
Don't worry that tour bridge will be demolished soon. There's not much of anything left. The building was well gutted when TSMM was put in.

nickys

Premium Member
I would "like" these a thousand times if I could. I soooo miss the original "studio park" attractions. I'm now wondering if even Indy will be left by the time I come back. Makes me a little sad, even though I know I will enjoy the new lands. I wish there was room for both.

Turns my stomach. The "production" aspect of Disney-MGM, streets of America, idealized 30's Hollywood and the backstage vibe are some of the core values that drew me towards the craft of design.

Exactly. Even though it was fake, it gave the feel of the Hollywood that never was, but you imagined it in your mind that way. You felt the SoA was really part of a back lot of a studio. I grew up in Brooklyn and of course had to take a picture on the steps of the brownstones when I first went to MGM in 1997. It looked real enough to me.

SNS

Don't worry that tour bridge will be demolished soon. There's not much of anything left. The building was well gutted when TSMM was put in.

Will Soundstage 4 also be demolished? And will the walkway in Soundstage 1 and what remains of the Soundstage 2/3 walkway (I know a portion was remove to create the front of the Toy Story building) still be around?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom