Video Essay: Why Splash Mountain Is Not Getting a Retheme

Poseidon Quest

Original Poster
Hello all! I've just started a YouTube channel that looks at Disney through video essays and I've just premiered my first video entitled "Why Splash Mountain Is Not Getting a Retheme". I figured that this was the most appropriate place in the forums to share it. The video itself has some small technical issues, especially with the audio mixing (which I intend to fix by next video), but ultimately I'm interested in starting a civil discussion in the Disney community about the feasibility of a Splash Mountain retheme.

Donaldfan1934

Hello all! I've just started a YouTube channel that looks at Disney through video essays and I've just premiered my first video entitled "Why Splash Mountain Is Not Getting a Retheme". I figured that this was the most appropriate place in the forums to share it. The video itself has some small technical issues, especially with the audio mixing (which I intend to fix by next video), but ultimately I'm interested in starting a civil discussion in the Disney community about the feasibility of a Splash Mountain retheme.

Interesting perspective. A very good start to what is hopefully a successful channel in the near future. If you want more people to see this and join in on the discussion, might I suggest posting it here in this thread? https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/splash-mountain-re-theme-announced.965846/page-282#post-9508966

mrccsdaman

You are so right. Disney is kinda hypocritical in the sense of removing something they call racist. Why not remove the offensive imagery of Native Americans. When people asked them about this, they just decided to remove it from the Kids Section of Disney+ to get brownie points from people. Yeah, they're not fooling anyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom