VIDEO - Celebrate the Magic

TarzanRocked99-

Yea it's a bit disjointed but I like it a whole lot better than MM&Y, plus they can continue to tweak it moving forward. It feels very similar to World of Color on a much smaller scale.

NewfieFan

Is it just me or do the colors look brighter or something? The projections look really well done and you can certainly make them all out. I liked the beginning sequence with the drawing of Walt - that was nice! I like how a lot of different movies are represented (even if only for a second). I'm not fuss for the music, though. As sappy as MM&Y was, I liked the song that went along with it (it was emotional). Maybe the Celebrate the Magic song will grow on me!?! I'm glad the pictures are gone and the focus is now just the projections and the special effects (it's what made the show in the first place). I look forward to seeing it in person and will pass my final judgement then...
Thanks for the video!

Gt2BtheGoodLife

I'm a TMTMY fangirl to the end, but I will say this show was amazing. Perfect? Nope, nothing will ever be perfect lol. But it was awesome, I loved LOVED how more high tech the graphics seemed to be. And the cake castle. They kept it for the holiday segment. Best early christmas present ever. And I'm also soo so glad that they kept Walt's voice in this. I was so worried when I read the article from the blog about it that it would just be that one part at the beginning, but to have his voice back on the castle nightly is the best.

CTXRover

Thanks. looks great. I only saw the old one twice, but based on the video, I think they did a wonderful job on this version. I agree that it plays sort of like a small world of color in concept on a much smaller scale. I'm glad the guest pics are gone. Felt it was sort of gimmicky and unless standing in the hub were hard to make out anyway.

Magenta Panther

I stopped watching after the first few seconds, because I'm going to be seeing it in person in a few weeks. But what I saw looked amazing. Can't wait to see it all!!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I like it better than last years. Wasn't of a fan of last years till I saw it in person. But some segments are much better than others this year. Enjoyed Disney highlighting Mickey.

etpinge

I am a huge fan of MM&Y and was hopeful for the new show. The colors and imagery are amazing and I cannot wait to see it live. However, it felt too commercial and disjointed. The colors look amazing and the artwork looks amazing.

WDW97

Loved the ending! But I can't stand when they change songs from movies to match the show soundtrack and that they used older segments/songs. But overall, Hey it's something new and exciting for I go next.

themoose

Brighter colors, more character integration, better use of the castle architecture, and no awful photos. Well done imagineering.

JustInTime

There are plusses and minuses to this new show. On the plus side, the colors and the images are so much more crisp. The projectors LOOK better with this new version. Also, no photos which is nice.

On the downside, it was more just characters ON the castle. What was great about MM&Y is that it transformed the castle completely and many, many times. It was less about the characters and more about how the castle could change over and over. For example, the floating lanterns, melting walls and when Tink made it disappear.

Overall, i'd say each show holds it's own but due to the better use of the technology, I prefer the old show. I feel like this new show doesn't quite show off what it can do.

JustInTime

Brighter colors, more character integration, better use of the castle architecture, and no awful photos. Well done imagineering.

I'd have to disagree with that middle point. And for me, that is what makes the show below par with the older one. The optical illusion of the castle's changing architecture is what made the old show so amazing. And I feel like this new show is missing that. They are both great, but the new show is missing those jaw dropping moments the first show had.

MerlinTheGoat

I agree, better and worse. Definitely more colorful and I do still like the new show. But the projections don't really utilize the castle's intricate design and architecture to decorate it as well as the MM&Y show did. There were a couple of instances but they weren't used nearly enough. The other show feels like the designers created it specifically around the castle's structural intricacies. Every little nook and cranny of the design was taken into account into the many projections.

I don't miss the guest pictures any, but I do miss how well integrated all the projected assets were within the castle's design. New show is still good, just not as well designed to use the castle design to its fullest. Most of these projections look like they were designed with a flat surface in mind (like a water screen or theater), not a dynamic three-dimensional castle surface with spires and such.

wdwfan22

I must say i'm impressed with the new show. I love they brighter colors and easier to see projections. I also feel they added enough character and castle transformations to make this show more outstanding then the MM&Y. Now to make it a perfect show they need to make it transition between scenes smoother :) Overall great job and thank you for keeping the fireworks!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom