VIDEO - Amazing aerial views of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train shot from a helicopter

rtiller

At 3:47 there are some bright lights beyond the Fantasyland train station. Any idea as to what those are or what goes on over there?

wannab@dis

You're right, that's a great aerial video of the park!

Two things that I noted in the video.
1. There are a LOT of trees throughout the whole park! It's a canopy of greenery. I can understand some want more in the hub, but the claims that MK is barren is far from true.
2. The lantern on the front mine car did indeed light up.

WDWBryan

Strange that the entire track is lined with flood lights, did they really want the track that bright at night or were those lights just on for the filming?

donsullivan

Premium Member
So the helicopter was taking video of the Mine Train as opposed to filming for the new Soarin' video?

At first glance this looks like B-Roll footage they would record and make available to media outlets that want it. It's pretty common for them to release video segments like this with no audio or anything like that for media outlets to use to build packages they might want to create about the attraction.

rtiller

At first glance this looks like B-Roll footage they would record and make available to media outlets that want it. It's pretty common for them to release video segments like this with no audio or anything like that for media outlets to use to build packages they might want to create about the attraction.

Good point. Hadn't thought of that.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No, it was just for the mine train. No one is going to admit to that speculation when they saw a helicopter and it HAD to be for a new Soarin film.
The Soarin shoot has been specced out and there will be another helli flight in May.

rtiller

At 3:47 there are some bright lights beyond the Fantasyland train station. Any idea as to what those are or what goes on over there?
From a quick look on Google Maps it appears these lights are probably coming from a cast member (overflow) parking area.

MKCP 1985

the hill in the middle of new Fantasyland really enhances the look of that area. Yes, there are a lot of trees - but will they make things any cooler from June to August? Good luck! :D

I think it looks great. Hopefully the jabs at the ride will subside once it is open to guests.

Bork Bork

I initially wondered how well WDI would pull off an attraction (that isn't a spinner!) in the round with no backstage visible. This looks great. Thanks for sharing the vid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom